CASPER, Wyo. – The 9th annual Dancing with the Stars of Casper brought in nearly $170,000 in donations, according to a release from the Mercer Family Resource Center.
The event took place Saturday night at the Casper Events Center and brings well-known Casper citizens into elaborate dance routines to raise money for Mercer, which offers education, counseling and other resources for youth and families in Casper.
Results from Saturday’s Vegas-themed dance numbers were tallied over the weekend.
Article continues below...
- Anna Reeves Olson and Chad Nelson took the People’s Choice Award and the Excellence in Showmanship Award for an “Ocean’s Eleven” inspired number choreographed by Rising Star’s Dodie Eskew.
- Dr. Mike Boulter and Melissa Martorano took the Judge’s Choice Award with a magic-themed performance assisted by Laz Benson. Melissa Martorano with Rising Star was choreographer.
- Dr. Wade Morrison and Heidi Lundberg won Best Crowd Appeal award a dance with “Luck be a Lady” as the soundtrack.
- Taylor Wirtz and David Hamilton took the Excellence in Technique award for a routine choreographed by Liz Norcross of Lifetime Fitness and Health.
- Clint Saunders and Esther Langi won Outstanding Theme & Creativity, which included a cameo by Billy Floyd of K2TV. It was choreographed by Joy Gallup of Jump Craze and Tanya Vidal with Strong Tower.
- Kilty Brown and James Stress took the Best Partner Connection award with a Cirque du Soleil-inspired dance choreographed by Tanya Willadson of Dance Evolutions and Candace Machado with Theraexpressions Meditation.
The next “Dancing with the Stars of Casper” is scheduled for October 24, 2020.