CASPER, Wyo. — Law enforcement and other agencies in Natrona County are warning people against drinking and driving this holiday season.
They say that “Thanksgiving Eve is the start of the holiday drinking period making that day in some places a bigger drinking day than New Year’s Eve or St. Patrick’s Day and calling it ‘Blackout Wednesday.'”
The following agencies are involved in the 2019 DUI Holiday Campaign:
Article continues below...
- Emergency Services of Natrona County
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Wyoming Medical Center
- Wyoming Behavioral Institute
- Wyoming Department of Transportation
- Casper College Criminal Justice, Fire Science and EMS Departments
“Our primary goal during the holiday season is zero fatalities caused by a drunk driver so we want the citizens of Natrona County to be aware that ‘You can’t candy coat a DUI,'” the release adds. “Get home safely by being a designated driver, call ‘Safe Ride,’ your local cab company, UBER or LYFT and report drunk drivers by calling 911.”