CASPER, Wyo. — The Wyoming Game & Fish Department said on Tuesday, Aug. 4 that they were implementing a fire ban on Game & Fish owned and administered lands in the Casper Region.
Game & Fish said that the ban on open fires is due to dry conditions and noted that county and federal fire restrictions are also in effect in the area.
Game & Fish Casper Region areas where the fire ban is in effect include:
Article continues below...
- all WGFD Public Access Areas along the North Platte River from the Miracle Mile to Orin Junction Bridge
- Dome Rock Reservoir
- Deer Creek Canyon
- Seminoe Reservoir – Medicine Bow Arm
- Walker Jenkins Reservoir
- LAK Reservoir
- Sand Creek
- Black Elk Pond
- Badwater Ranch
- Flying “A” Ranch Conservation Easement
- Morgan Creek Wildlife Habitat Management Area.
The fire ban prohibits the following, according to Game & Fish:
- Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, charcoal grill, or coal or wood burning stove
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, at a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials
- Fireworks are always prohibited on Wyoming Game and Fish lands
- Fires within an established ring are also banned in Public Access Areas under this regulation
“For more information on the fire ban on Game and Fish lands, please contact the Casper Region Game and Fish office at 307-473-3400,” the department adds. “For a complete listing of all Game and Fish administered lands refer to our website: https://wgfd.wyo.gov/public-access.”