For the latest road and travel conditions, visit WYDOT’s Closures and Advisories page. the Wyoming Department of Transportation website.
CASPER, Wyo — All lanes southbound on Interstate 25 are cleared at 3:45 Sunday after a semi tipped in high winds south of Cheyenne, the Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) announced Sunday.
Interstate 80 (US 30/287) between Rawlins and Exit 235, Walcott Junction has reopened to some traffic as of 12:46 pm. Westbound lanes had been closed at 9:35 am due to a crash, the Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) said.
Article continues below...
The highway remains closed to light vehicles like RVs, campers, moving vans, and lightly-loaded commercial vehicles due extreme blow-over risk, WYDOT said.
High wind warnings will continue in the southeast travel district until Monday morning at 5:00 am. West winds 35-45 mph with gusts up to 75 mph are expected and will impact:
- Central and Southern Laramie Range
- Interstate 80 Summit between Laramie and Cheyenne,
- the Bordeaux area along Interstate 25 between Chugwater and
As of 11:24 am Sunday: WYDOT District 1 announced closure of these routes to light, high-profile travel:
- I-80 between Cheyenne & Rawlins
- I-25 between CO state line and Wheatland
- US 30/287 between Laramie & Bosler.
- I-80 Exit 235, Walcott Jct Laramie