CASPER, Wyo. — Visit Casper, an organization which aims to promote tourism in Natrona County, is highlighting the up-coming Casper Pride celebrations as Wyoming’s largest.
“While we expect to see Wyoming locals at Casper Pride, with our proximity to many mountain west states, we’d love to invite our neighbors from near and far to participate and celebrate with us right here in Casper,” Casper Pride Chair Mallory Pollock said in the Visit Casper release. “Casper Pride is going to be incredible this year.”
“Throughout the week, we have various events that will bring individuals together, with the goal of empowering all attendees to leave feeling motivated to continue to make progress and ensure that everyone – no matter what – is supported.”
Casper Pride this year will include five days of events starting Wednesday, June 9:
- Wednesday, June 9: Taste the Rainbow Community Dinner at Good Food Hub (SOLD OUT)
- Thursday, June 10: Pride Open Mic Night at Art 321
- Friday, June 11: Rainbow Collective at Art 321; Art after Dark at Art 321; and Pride After Party, Brews and Burlesque at The Bourgeois Pig
- Saturday, June 12: Pride at David Street Station; Pride Drag Show and Co! at Backwards Distilling Company in Mills (SOLD OUT); and Pride Dance at Art 321
- Sunday, June 13: Drag Church Brunch! At Occasions by Cory; Pride Drive at Casper City Park; and The Future is Queer at Conwell Park
Visit Casper noted that Casper is “an easy four-hour drive from Denver, Colorado, Rapid City, South Dakota, and Billings, Montana.”
“While you’re in Casper for Pride, take time to explore, with highlights that include the National Historic Trails Interpretive Center, The Nicolaysen Art Museum, Casper Mountain, Fremont Canyon and downtown,” the release states. “More information on Casper can be found at VisitCasper.com.”
Most of the Casper Pride events are free. Further information as well as tickets for events which require them, like the Drag Church Brunch, are available at CasperPride.com.