CASPER, Wyo. — Governor Mark Gordon’s Sublette Mule Deer Local Area Working Group will meet for the second time in person in Pinedale at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, August 25, according to a release Monday from the governor’s office.
The working group is one of three created by Gordon’s Migration Corridor Executive Order 2020-1 to examine the effectiveness of corridor designation on the migratory mule deer herd and its potential impacts on the local economy and private landowners.
A virtual option will be made available for the public for those who cannot attend in person. Members of the public may attend the meeting with an opportunity to comment.
Article continues below...
The Sublette group first met last Thursday. Those meeting materials and recordings, along with materials for the upcoming meeting, are available here.
The Sublette Local Area Working Group comprises various sectors and are:
- Local Government:
- Sublette County Commissioner Joel Bousman — Working Group Chair
- Lincoln County Commissioner Robert King
- Sweetwater County Commissioner Mary Thoman
- Teton County Commissioner Luther Propst
- Fremont County Commissioner Michael Jones
- Jon Boroff
- Maggie Miller
- Greg Schamber, representing oil and gas
- Jack McCully, representing trona mining
- Mike Henn
- Mark Anselmi
- Motorized Recreation:
- Sandy Sletten