CASPER, Wyo. — The final Casper Art Walk of the season is scheduled to take place from 5-8 p.m. Thursday, September 2. The last art walk of the season is filled to the brim with creative activities, artist galleries, live music, the chance to try out food and drink, and more.
People can consider checking out events like artist Whitney Herrington’s new “Where Wander Meets Wonder” mural at the Science Zone along with activities for kids. Another option for is to head up into the loft of Backwards Distilling Company to take a peek at artist Bethany Kindsvogel’s works.
If music is more your style, Thursday also marks the final Rock the Block of the season at the Yellowstone Garage, which will be hosting local band EazySide. Frontier Brewing Company will be hosting Jeff Stanley for music.
David Street Station will be hosting the screening of “Godspeed, Los Polacos!” for film aficionados, and Art 321 will be hosting a reception for artist Lynn Jones.
Those are just a few examples of what will be happening at the final Casper Art Walk of the summer. Check out this Casper Art Walk Guide to get a better sense of all the opportunities this Thursday in downtown Casper (NOTE: Links are to Facebook event pages that businesses have created for Thursday’s Art Walk):
- Art 321
- “Join us in finishing off the summer with a reception for Lynn Jones and Natrona County Library Creative Aging Program participants. Juntos will be tabling during Art Walk. Come by learn about one of our new community partners!”
- Backwards Distilling Company
- “Join us for art in the loft during the last Art Walk of the season! Bethany Kindsvogel is an artist based in Wyoming and has been painting since 2013. Bethany works primarily in oil, watercolor, and digital to create pieces. Bethany’s work revolves around nature by either focusing on a specific subject or using the landscape to tell a story.”
- David Street Station
- Screening of “Godspeed, Los Polacos!” at 6:15 p.m.
- Maker’s Market from 5-8 p.m.
- Donells Candies & Ice Cream
- Art Show and book signing with Suzette McIntire.
- Frontier Brewing Company
- “Join Jeff Stanley and the entire Frontier crew for the final art walk of 2021! We’re celebrating a great summer of live music, community and craft beer with the return of our tasty Frontier Sour Slushees and our popular Mango de la Fuego Chili Wit! Music kicks off at 6 p.m., with outside food and patio pups welcomed. See you at Frontier!”
- Science Zone and Yoga on the Labyrinth
- “Meet us at the west wall of the Casper Science Zone to hear all about Whitney Herrington’s “Where Wander Meets Wonder” mural and meet the Casper Mural Board team. I Scream 4 Ice Cream will keep it fun. We’ll have interactive painting plus a projection of Anthony Stengel’s time lapse of this mural being created in July. If you would like to sponsor this mural or support future murals, this is a great opportunity to get on the upcoming plaque. The Science Zone will be open [and] will have fun additional art/science-related activities. There will be no labyrinth event this night on the river due to the focus on this wall.”
- Yellowstone Garage
- “We are down to our final Rock the Block of 2021! This Thursday from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. with EazySide!”
The list above are just some of the businesses and organizations which have announced plans for Thursday’s Art Walk. Other downtown places people might consider checking out which often have Art Walk events include the following:
- 307 Metal Works
- Artisan Alley
- Bighorn Design Studio
- Bird’s Nest Studios
- Bourgeois Pig Coffee House
- Branding Iron
- Chozen Yogurt
- First State Bank
- Galleria of Gifts
- GloW Neon
- Goedicke’s and Scarlow’s
- Metro Coffee Company
- Nicolaysen Art Museum
- Occasions by Cory
- Racca’s Pizzeria Napoletana
- Rockstar Music Store
NOTE: If you are organizing an event that isn’t currently listed in the Casper Art Walk Guide, let us know via Facebook message or by email at email@example.com to get it added to the list.