CASPER, Wy. — It’s the last weekend before fall officially begins, and there is no shortage of indoor and outdoor events in the Oil City.
On Friday, catch the cross-town rivalry match-up as the Trojans and Mustangs face off in the Oil Bowl, see Casper Theater Company bring Casper’s past back to life, catch live punk or EDM music, and attend a vigil for those who died unable to afford healthcare.
Also catch Stage III’s production bringing the Peanuts cartoon to life, the return of the Saturday Night Fights, and the final show of “The Magic Bookcase” with Byron Grey. There is also a car show and river walk to benefit suicide prevention in Natrona County, and much more.
Oil Bowl — Kelly Walsh versus Natrona County
- Dick Cheney Field, Natrona County High School
- Kickoff at 6:00 p.m.
Healthy Wyoming Health Care vigil
- Nicolaysen Art Museum
- 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- More information from Oil City
The Casper Theater Company will begin its annual Highland Park Cemetery, “celebrating the people who made a difference in Casper by portraying them at their gravesite.”
- Tours begin at 6:45 p.m.
- Meet in the parking lot located at Fourth Street and Melrose Street across from the west gate of Highland Cemetery.
- Dates: Friday and Saturday (September 17-18 and September 24-25)
- More from Oil City News
“Mixed Signals: EDM and Bass music at the Gaslight Social“
- 314 W Midwest Ave.
- Music starts at 7:00 p.m.
- $5 per person
Featured artists: Bryght Lyght Q, Kdubz, Eclipsan, Lakye, Jötunn Dubs, and Cephas. More information is available on the event posting.
Teenage Bottlerocket at the Keg N’ Cork
- Show begins at 7 p.m.
- Ages 21 and up. Tickets are $15 and available online.
- Featuring “The Last Gang” and “The Shivers”
Stage III’s production of “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown,”
From Oil City News: “The show 15 vignettes that mimic the four-panel arcs of the strip, interspersed with songs.”
- Tickets run from $11.50 – $13.50 (available online or by calling 307-234-0946)
- Friday: 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 2:00 p.m.
(FINAL SHOW) “The Magic Bookcase” with Wyoming magician Byron Grey
- Saturday, September 18
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at The Lyric (230 W. Yellowstone Hwy)
- Price: $5
More from Oil City: “More than just a form of misdirection, the personal recollections and retellings of classic fables underline the roles of wonder and storytelling in staying hopeful despite the tumult of life.”
Funky Junk artesian market
- 6th and Durbin Street
- 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Local crafts and vendors
- More from Oil City
Scott Siedschlag Memorial Car Show
- Gruner Brothers Brewery (1301 Wilkins Circle)
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Live music and silent auction
Proceeds benefit Suicide Prevention Task Force and J.R.’s Hunt for life, according to Visit Casper.
“Breaking the Silence” Walk,
The eighteenth annual Breaking the Silence Walk, hosted by Natrona County Suicide Prevention Task Force.
- Crossroads Park
- 3:00 p.m.
- More from Oil City
Saturday Night Fights
- Presented by Harden Fight Company
- Central Wyoming Fair Industrial Building (1700 Fairgrounds Road)
- 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- $20 presale
- $25 at the Door
- Tickets available online, at Sonic Rainbow, and at Gaslight Social
Law Enforcement Appreciation Day free picnic
- Sponsored by Pro Police Rally Colorado
- Washington Park
- 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The family-friendly event invites all to show support for local first responders and meet like-minded individuals. Food trucks, speakers and live music will be featured.