CASPER, Wyo. — Funding is available to support projects benefiting sage grouse and their habitat, the Wyoming Game and Fish Department announced.
The Wyoming Game and Fish Commission has budgeted $548,000 to support the eight Local Sage Grouse Working Groups to fund projects to address the primary threats to sage grouse as identified in their local conservation plans, according to a release by WGFD public information officer Sara DiRienzo.
Groups can submit project proposals online and proposed projects will be evaluated based on:
- Consistency with Wyoming’s Core Area management strategy
- Local sage grouse conservation plan
- Likelihood of success
- Project readiness
- Matching funds
- Multiple species benefits
- Significance at local/state/regional level
- Duration of benefits and adequacy of monitoring
For full application details, download the Project Proposal Form. Proposals are due Jan. 31, 2022.
For questions, contact Leslie Schreiber, Game and Fish sage grouse/sagebrush biologist at email@example.com or (307) 527-7125.