CASPER, Wyo. — The 2019 Casper Art Walk season kicks off Thursday, May 2.
The Art Walk is in its fourth year and gives Casperites the opportunity to celebrate art and entertainment every first Thursday of the month through September.
Check out a guide to the various activities going on this evening below this printable map:
Article continues below...
Art Walk Guide (Note: links are to each location’s Facebook page):
307 Metal Works
225 S David suite 4
- Art: 307 Metal Works say they’ll be hosting “T Peak Art” during the Art Walk.
- Appetizers: Hat Six Travel Plaza will be at 307 Metal Works offering appetizers for Art Walk goers.
321 W. Midwest Ave.
- Art exhibits:
- Wyoming Watercolor Society show
- Scotch and Watercolor society show
- Flowers…Showers…Spring! open call show
- Music: Diane Lynn, accompanied by guest bagpipers will perform music at ART 321 during the Art Walk.
- Art contest: Art Walk goers can come in and vote for their favorite Keep Casper Beautiful art contest designs. The winning design will go on a Casper electrical box.
- Drinks: ART 321 says that Urban Bottle drinks will be available for people to try.
444 South Center Street
- Drop in Tours: Basement Shift says their co-work space is open. People can stop in during the Art Walk to get a tour of the space.
Bighorn Design Studio
411 W. Yellowstone Hwy.
- “Print Your Own” station: Featured artist Catherine Harden will give people a “crash course in screen printing.”
- “Cat will be whipping up a fun, spring design for the event. You, the Art Walk goer, can swing by 411 West Yellowstone and get a crash course in screen printing. We’ll have Catherine’s design up on screen and ready to be inked onto a tote bag that you’ll only be able to get at Art Walk!”
- Henna: Art Walk goers have the opportunity to receive henna tattoos from artist Kenzel Washkington.
- Music: Bands Oil City Riot and Wreckards will perform inside of Bighorn’s production office.
- “The acoustics in here are stellar.” AND we’ll be doing 20% off Surf Wyoming merchandise over at our new retail space!
- Merchandise: Bighorn Design says their Surf Wyoming merchandise will be 20% off during the Art Walk.
C85 Branding Iron
129 W. 2nd St.
- Tile Art: Art Walk goers can stop in to the C85 Branding Iron to make their own tile art.
David Street Station
200 S David St
- David Street Station said they do not have anything planned for today’s Art Walk, but they will participate in the 2019 season starting June 6.
- “In June we have Zack Schommer, July we have a public art project, August we have Bret Andrew and September we are working on a Drum off,” David Street Station told Oil City.
201 E 2nd St. #2
- Author talk: A self-published author will be at Donnells during the Art Walk today.
- Goodies: Donnells says on Facebook they’ll be open during the Art Walk with artisan chocolates, ice cream, popcorn, gifts and espresso available.
Frontier Brewing Company
117 East Second Street
- Music: Musician Zach Schommer will perform starting at 6 p.m.
- New beers: Frontier says that they’ll have new beers on tap. Those include Frontier’s Spencer Pale Ale, Sweet Georgia Brown and Fat Bastard Scottish Wee.
- Pizza: Blackbird Wood Fired Provision will be at Frontier offering pizza starting at 5 p.m.
Goedicke’s & Scarlows Gallery
120 W 2nd St
- Gallery opening: A new gallery featuring artist David Von Metz’s “Dark Curvature” and “F__king Fragile.” Von Metz will be at the opening to answer questions.
- Beverages and treats: Art Walk goers can stop into Scarlow’s Art & Coffee to try out food and drinks from their menu.
Mad Hatter Marketplace
204 E. 2nd Street
- Local arts and crafts: Mad Hatter says that they’ll be open with some new vendors joining. Local artists and craftsman will sell their wares during the Art Walk.
Mercer Family Resource Center
535 W. Yellowstone Hwy
- Substance-Free Zone: Families and youth can stop by Mercer house for a substance free place to enjoy the Art Walk.
- Sugar and Ice: Mercer says Sugar and Ice will be in their parking lot.
- Tie Dye
- Yard Games and more
Metro Coffee Company
241 S David St
- Acoustic music: Metro says their owner will perform music from his albums.
- Art gallery: Art Walk goers can check out Katelyn Magee‘s art show in the Metro.
Mustard Seed Home Garden and Gifts
120 West 1st Street
- Consider the Lilys at Marvel Floral Art
- Gourmet pesto tasting
Natrona County Library
307 E 2nd St
- Free crafts: The library will offer “bunnies and chicks” craft supplies for free from 5-7 p.m.
- Fifth grade art show: Each fifth grader in Casper has a piece of art on display at the Nic.
- Natrona County High School art exhibition: The Nic also has NCHS student art on show
- “Come during Art Walk to see the great work!”
430 S Ash St
- Live music: Local musician Quentin Valdez will perform his music at Racca’s.
- Tap Takeover: Blacktooth Brewing beers will be on tap at Racca’s during the Art Walk.
- Raffles: Racca’s says that some of their and Blacktooth’s “swag” will be raffled off during the Art Walk.
The Gaslight Social
314 W. Midwest Ave.
- Wyo Generosity fundraiser: Live auctions and raffles to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters is going on at the Gaslight Social.
The Office Bar and Grill
520 South Ash Street
- Art sharing and selling: The Office says people can bring in their own art, sell it or come in to see what’s around.
The Science Zone
111 W. Midwest Ave.
- Galaxy art: The Science Zone says they’ll have galaxy art during the Art Walk.
230 W Yellowstone Hwy. (Inside the Lyric).
- Print art work: Artist and Breezy Spaces owner Brianna McFarland’s print art work will be at the Table during the Art Walk
- “Brianna creates abstract pieces and silhouettes of Wyoming wildlife using alcohol ink on yupo paper. Alcohol ink is similar to watercolor except the pigment is suspended in alcohol, which as it dries creates unique lines and variations. The yupo paper is adhered to wood panels and covered in resin for a clean, modern look. Her work will be for sale.”
- Reception: A free reception will offer wine and hors d’oeuvres, according to The Table.
Urban Bottle Wine and Spirits
410 S Ash St
- Jazz music: Urban Bottle say that Ron Coulter will perform his “funky sounds” during the Art Walk.
- Drink specials: Draft beer, wine and cocktails specials will be available, according to Urban Bottle.
Yoga on the Labyrinth
1155 West 1St Street
- Yoga on the Labyinth will begin their participation during the June Art Walk.
- “Yoga on the Labryinth starts if fifth summer season with Art Walk in June. Classes will be offered on the labyrinth (Bart Rea Learning Circle) in Amoco Park on the beautiful Platte River Trails on Thursday mornings and evenings, and Saturday and Sunday mornings. Plus, Yoga on the Mountain will also take place on Wednesday mornings all summer. A full schedule with many teachers and the class line up is coming soon,” Friends of the Circle said.
The Casper Art Walk website has further details about Thursday’s activities.