CASPER, Wyo. — The community is being invited to attend a “Walk the Block” event to learn about and provide input on a sidewalk and trail study in Evansville.
The study is looking at options for sidewalks and tails in the eastern portion of Evansville, according to the Casper Area Metropolitan Planning Organization. The Casper Area MPO, the Town of Evansville and consulting firm CEPI are hosting the “Walk the Block” event along with a public workshop from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28 at the Evansville Community Center, 71 Curtis St.
The schedule for the event is as follows:
- 5–5:15 p.m.: Project Introduction
- The project team will give a brief introduction at the Evansville Community Center.
- 5:15–6:15 p.m.: “Walk the Block”
- People joining will walk the project area with the team. The walk will go around east-side residential areas and the area near Evansville Elementary School. People can provide input to the project team during the walk. The walk is subject to weather conditions.
- 6:15–7 p.m.: Public Workshop
- The team will lead a discussion regarding how to improve and update the multi-modal infrastructure in Evansville.
“Any interested citizens may join us for either session, and do not need to participate in the walk to join in the discussion,” the press release added. “Additional information about the project is available on the project website here: https://cepi-casper.com/evansville/.
“A survey designed to collect preliminary information from the public about sidewalks and trails in Evansville is available on the website or link directly to the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FCWGGBJ.”