CASPER, Wyo. — A man suffered severe burns in a flash fire while working in a garage in Mills on Wednesday evening, according to a release from the Mills Fire Department.
“At this point in time, the investigation has determined that kerosene was involved in the flash fire,” the release said.
The victim was transported to the Wyoming Medical Center and will be transferred to a burn center in Colorado when weather conditions improve.
“Due to the victims’ injuries, information needed for the investigation is not immediately available, therefore the investigation is still active and ongoing.“
Crews were dispatched to the 700 block of North Fourth Avenue in Mills for a reported explosion at around 9:26 p.m. Wednesday.
The Mills Fire Department would like to thank the Natrona County Fire District, Casper Fire/EMS, Bar Nunn Fire, Wyoming Medical Center EMS, Mills Police Department, Natrona County Sheriff’s Office, Casper Public Safety Communications Center and members of the Natrona County Fire Investigation Task Force for their assistance with this incident.