CASPER, Wyo. — Casper’s City Hall is about to undergo its first major rehabilitation since opening in 1977.
The building has been in the process of being vacated over the past several weeks as city employees relocate to their temporary new digs in the former Casper Business Center, 123 W. 1st St.
The construction is expected to be completed sometime around the middle of 2024, according to the city.
In the meantime, starting on Tuesday, May 30, all City Council meetings and work sessions will be held at The Lyric at 230 W. Yellowstone Highway, and meetings will still be broadcast live via the city’s YouTube channel as well as cable channel 192.
City phone numbers, hours of operation and personnel will all remain unchanged, and drop boxes for utilities, municipal court and Rocky Mountain Power payments will remain at City Hall. Customers can also drop those payments off in person at the Casper Business Center.
The city of Casper’s temporary directory at the Casper Business Center is as follows:
- Customer service: lobby-level suite 120
- City Manager’s office: mezzanine-level suite 200
- Human Resources and City Clerk: fifth-floor suite 550
- Engineering: fifth-floor suite 570
- City Attorney: sixth-floor suite 640
- Finance and Accounting: sixth-floor suite 610
- Community Development: seventh-floor suite 710
After its service as a temporary City Hall, the Casper Business Center will undergo an extensive remodel to be used by the Casper Police Department.