CASPER, Wyo. — The Casper City Council approved the appointment of Shelly Zimmerman to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board during its regular meeting Sept. 19.
Established in 1994 as the Leisure Services Advisory Board and renamed in 2022, the mission of the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board is to foster active participation by a diverse group of citizens in planning, setting priorities and providing direction for the Parks and Recreation facilities and programs throughout the community, according to a memo prepared for the City Council.
This appointment comes on the heels of a board member’s resignation in May 2023. In January, the Board had opened solicitations for letters of interest due to a December 2022 vacancy, receiving five applications in response.
Susan Redding and Shelly Zimmerman emerged as top candidates, with Redding being appointed to fill the December vacancy after interviews in February 2023.
Following the May resignation, the Board faced a choice: re-advertise the position or consider Zimmerman’s earlier application. On Aug. 16, it unanimously voted to appoint Zimmerman. As her term will expire on Dec. 31, 2023, Zimmerman will have the option to renew her position for a three-year term.
City of Casper Parks and Recreation Advisory Board Members:
- Amy Crawford (Chair): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Redding: email@example.com
- Ian Walker: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Olivia Cole: Keysgetaway111@gmail.com
- Shelly Zimmerman: Shellyking88@gmail.com
- Jason Magnuson: email@example.com
- Jim De Golia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristen Galles: email@example.com
- Randy Hein (Co-Chair): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lisa Engebretsen (Council Liaison): email@example.com
For more information about the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board and its initiatives, residents can reach out to any of the listed board members.
The memo prepared for the City Council is below.