Here is a rundown of events and activities for this weekend.
Party weekend with DJ Nyke
- DJ Nyke dance party at the Beacon, starting at 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday
Live music with Jim Oliver
Article continues below...
- Jim Oliver as “Elvis” at Little House of Burgers, starting at 5:30.
Open Mic Comedy Night at the Ramada
- Is being an “ON STAGE COMEDIAN” an unstoppable, Insane desire of yours?? Share your RIDICULOUSNESS with the rest of us!! “SOUTHERN GLAZERS SPIRITS” will be on hand to give you “FREE TASTINGS” of NEW Favorites to keep the Jokes and Laughter rolling!! Come on out, it’s “FREE” and “FUN”! Starts at 8:00.
2nd Annual Casper’s Got Talent at the Bayou Bar in Mills
- Get your sing on! Don’t miss out on this event! Event start date is Jan 5th! This will be the first of 7 consecutive weeks! Ending on Feb 16th! This is the Final! With a Grand prize of $1500.00! Each week we will pay 💰
$3.00 fireball shots and countless drink specials!
You won’t be disappointed! Starts at 7 p.m.
1st place $200.00
2nd place $100.00
3rd place Fireball Gift pack!
This will be paid out every week of competition!
The Official Sponsors of this event !
CASPAR SEAMLESS GUTTER
Chad Lore at the Horseshoe Bar & Grill
- Chad Lore, also known as “Wyoming’s One Man Band”, will surprise you with his uniqueness in every show and with every song. He is hard to classify because he pretty much does everything with his music, from acoustic folk to electric rock. He really is a Wyoming Gem to treasure, you’re not going to want to miss this show. Starts at 8:00.
Wyoming Elegant Miss Casper Prelim at the Library
- Wyoming Elegant Miss is coming to Casper!
Let your princess shine on stage with Wyoming’s leading pageant system. With over 12 years of directing experience, you will enjoy this organized, fun, natural pageant system. Our motto is “You Belong Here” and believe all children should be given equal opportunity to shine on stage! Starts at 1:00 at the Natrona County Library.
Our prelims are All-Inclusive meaning the entry fee covers the Main Competition (Interview, Casualwear, Party Dress), all Side Awards (Prettiest Eyes, Prettiest Smile, Prettiest Hair, Best Dressed, and Photogenic *bring a photo with you), Goodie Bag, and Audience Admission (the more the merrier).
Keep in mind that this is a competition. Our judges will be looking for contestants that shine on stage. One with personality and poise will capture the judge’s eyes before expensive clothing. With that said, we want the child to shine! There are no ‘rules’ on clothing, just pick something that is age appropriate, conservative, and fits the contestant.
Entry Fee: $50.
(again, this includes ALL stages of the competition, goodie bag AND unlimited audience member attendance)
You can choose to pay at the door (Cash Only) or pay in advance via PayPal @ www.PayPal.me/WyomingFun
Order of events:
On-Stage question (during casualwear)
Good Luck Gifts and People’s Sweetheart:
Good Luck Gifts: Please bring 30 items to be given to other contestants as a token of Good Luck. Turn these in at registration and at the conclusion of the pageant, each contestant will go home with a goodie bag of fun. (Examples: candy, small toys/books, bubbles, or make something)
*please write on your gifts who they are from and if you want, include a photo of your child.
People’s Sweetheart: This is a chance for you to vote for your favorite contestant (yes, you can vote for your child). 1 child will receive the People’s Sweetheart award including, crown, banner, and special gift. Money earned will go toward scholarships to children who cannot afford to participate, but would still like to.
It is suggested that you make a donation, but you are not required to.
What to bring:
~2 Outfits (dressy casualwear and a dress), shoes, hair pretties, etc.
~8×10 (or smaller) Photo (no frames please)
~30 Good Luck Gifts
~Money for People’s Sweetheart
If you have any questions, please contact us through our website www.WyomingElegantMiss.com or email: WyomingFunPageants@gmail.com
Lean to ski at the Casper Mountain Trail Center
- Nordic skiing lessons for kids and adults, Classic and skate on Sundays Jan 6, 13,20,27 and Feb 3d at 1:30 pm. Please arrive early to allow time for parking and getting ready. You can register at the day of the lessons ( please come early), or by mail.
Fees: 75$ first person and 65$ additional person for non members for all lessons.
65$ first person and 55$ additional person for members.
Nordic club membership 25$ family, 15$ individual.
Brunch & Bach at the NIC
- Join the WSO and The NIC for a morning of art, music, and brunch. Enjoy the current NIC exhibitions while experiencing Wyoming Symphony Orchestra ensembles play classical and pops music. Each month will reveal new art and music. Grant Street Grocery and Market and Urban Bottle will be onsite selling brunch and craft cocktails.
ENTRY: $5 per person. WSO Season, Maestro Package, Pick Three ticket holders and NIC Members get in free! Runs from 10:30 to 1:00.
Bring the whole family! The Discovery Center will be open
with projects for ages four and up (must be potty trained).