CASPER, Wyo. — David Street Station said on Wednesday, July 8 that their free “Cinema at the Station” series will resume on Friday, July 17.
“Get your popcorn ready for the Cinema at the Station Series presented by Memorial Hospital of Converse County,” DSS said. “The free movie series kicks off Friday July 17th from 7:00-9:00 pm.”
“We’re throwing it back to some of the classic family-friendly favorites you love, all on our outdoor big screen at David Street Station (200 S. David Street).”
Article continues below...
The schedule for Cinema at the Station is as follows (screenings begin at 7 pm):
- July 17: The Lion King (original)
- July 31: The Goonies
- August 14: E.T.
- August 28: Honey, I Shrunk The Kids
- September 4: Coco
“We ask all visitors to follow social distancing guidelines and to sit as family units, socially distant from others,” DSS added. “We encourage all guests to wear face-coverings and to not attend if you are having any COVID-19 symptoms.”
People can bring lawn chairs and blankets to spread out and sit and watch the movies. Memorial Hospital of Converse County Chief Operating Officer Karl Hertz said in the release that the hospital is encouraging people to wear masks if they choose to attend.
“Memorial Hospital of Converse County is excited to be part of the Casper Community and support Cinema at the Station again this summer,” Hertz said in the release. “Especially during these times, it is important for our community to have a safe place to interact and enjoy summer events.”
“As a hospital, we are comfortable with David Street Station’s ability to provide social distancing space and encourage all movie goers to wear a mask while in attendance.”
The Latest Statistics from the Wyoming Department of Health:
What to do if you are feeling sick: In the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Casper-Natrona County Health Department says that people who are feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms should contact their primary physician.
If you do not have a primary care provider, and live in Natrona County, please contact the COVID-19 hotline, operated by the Casper-Natrona County Department of Health. The line is open Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm 577-9892. Hotline services are intended for Natrona County residents and may not be able to provide specific information to persons calling from out of county.
Officials ask that you please do not self-report to the Emergency Room. Persons experiencing problems breathing should call 9-11.
For general inquiries and non-symptom related questions about COVID-19, please contact the Casper-Natrona County Health Department via email: email@example.com
- Practice Social Distancing by putting distance between yourself and other people. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
A list of area closures attributed to COVID-19 are available here.