CHEYENNE, Wyo. — As of Thursday, Jan. 13, 2022, the number of positive COVID-19 cases (confirmed positives) identified in routine surveillance samplings conducted among Wyoming correctional institutions during the previous week was 15. This is up from the previous week when the total number of infected inmates and staff was listed as 4. The number of inmate deaths as a result of COVID-19 in Wyoming has increased by two since Dec. 30, 2021, when the total number of deaths was reported at 6.
Below is a listing of the numbers by facility:
- Total number of inmate deaths to date attributed to COVID-19: 8
- Wyoming Medium Correctional Institution (WMCI) Torrington: Positive COVID Cases: 10
- Staff: 5
- Inmates: 5
- Wyoming Honor Farm (WHF) Riverton: Positive COVID Cases: 0
- Staff: 0
- Inmates: 0
- Wyoming Honor Conservation Camp (WHCC) Newcastle: Positive COVID Cases: 3
- Staff: 3
- Inmates: 0
- Wyoming Women’s Center (WWC) Lusk: Positive COVID Cases: 2
- Staff: 1
- Inmates: 1
- Wyoming State Penitentiary (WSP) Rawlins: Positive COVID Cases: 0
- Staff: 0*
- Inmates: 0*
- *not all results returned for the week’s tests.
“Working with the Wyoming Department of Health (WDOH), all positive inmate cases are medically
monitored and managed by the Department and our health care provider (Corizon Health, Inc.) in
accordance with WDOH and CDC guidelines,” the WDOC said. “The Department continues to conduct rigorous
surveillance testing at all sites as necessary and will provide additional information as it becomes
The Wyoming Department of Health provides COVID-19 case, variant, death, testing, hospital and vaccine data online. The department also shares information about how the data can be interpreted. COVID-19 safety recommendations are available from the CDC.