CASPER, Wyo. — On Tuesday, Banner Health announced new visitor restrictions for all hospitals it operates, including the Banner Wyoming Medical Center in Casper.
The new restrictions are in response to increasing flu and respiratory virus activity, Banner said via its social media. The new restrictions at all Banner hospitals are as follows:
• No visitors who have fever, cough, vomiting or diarrhea.
• All visitors over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth for the duration of their visit.
• No visitors under the age of 13. Siblings (with no cold and flu symptoms) may visit a new baby on the Obstetrics unit or Pediatric unit. That child may be screened for illness by staff before being allowed to visit.
• Children, including siblings, are not allowed to visit the nursery.
• Children 12 and under must be supervised by an adult at all times in public waiting areas and cafeterias.
• Visitors are highly encouraged to wash or sanitize hands frequently while at the hospital to prevent getting the flu or potentially spreading any illness.Banner Health