Casper issuing permits for restaurants to reserve curbside service parking - Casper, WY Oil City News
Oil City News Logo

Casper issuing permits for restaurants to reserve curbside service parking

The Bourgeois Pig manager Anita Lukowiak initially suggested the idea to allow businesses to reserve downtown parking for curbside service purposes. (Brendan LaChance, OIl City)

CASPER, Wyo. — After downtown Casper coffee shop The Bourgeois Pig requested that the City of Casper consider allowing all downtown restaurants and cafes to reserve parking spaces for curbside pickup services amid COVID-19 in-house dining closures, the city has moved forward on the idea.

City Manager Carter Napier brought up the request during the city council’s Tuesday, March 24 work session. The council said they were open to the request and asked Napier to move forward with the request as he saw fit.

David Street Station sent out a release regarding the new temporary permits for downtown restaurants on Thursday.

Article continues below...

“The City Council and City Manager recently authorized a temporary permit program to allow reserved parking spaces downtown, in order to accommodate curbside services to restaurants and cafes during the COVID 19 health crisis,” DSS said. “The permit allows for adjacent businesses to sign up for two reserved spaces to better accommodate their customer’s pick up orders.”

“When the dine-in prohibition ends, the private use allowance of those permitted spaces automatically ends.”

The Bourgeous Pig owner Josh Tinnell says that the idea was initially suggested by manager Anita Lukowiak. She came up with the idea as the coffee shop adjusted to the state and countywide closure orders.

The coffee shop has already received their temporary permit. Their temporary services can be found in Oil City’s #BetterTogether listings. Any Casper business or organization can submit information with Better Together.

To apply for a temportary permit, people should contact City of Casper Licensing Specialist Carla Mills-Laatsch at 307-235-7568 or

NOTE: A previous version of this story said people should contact the city manager’s office for a permit. The city said people should rather contact Mills-Laatsch.

A temporary permit hangs at the Bourgeois Pig. (Brendan LaChance, Oil City)

The Latest Statistics from the Wyoming Department of Health:

What to do if you are feeling sick: In the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Casper-Natrona County Health Department says that people who are feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms should contact their primary physician.

If you do not have a primary care provider, and live in Natrona County, please contact the COVID-19 hotline, operated by the Casper-Natrona County Department of Health. The line is open Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm 577-9892. Hotline services are intended for Natrona County residents and may not be able to provide specific information to persons calling from out of county.

Officials ask that you please do not self-report to the Emergency Room. Persons experiencing problems breathing should call 9-11.

For general inquiries and non-symptom related questions about COVID-19, please contact the Casper-Natrona County Health Department via email:

  • Practice Social Distancing by putting distance between yourself and other people. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
  • Avoid close contact with people who are sick
  • Stay home if you’re sick
  • Cover coughs and sneezes. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
  • Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.

A list of area closures attributed to COVID-19 are available here.