As the holidays are quickly approaching, there are plenty of activities around town to keep everyone in the family busy and in the holiday spirit from now until we ring in the new year. This event calendar will continue to be updated throughout the season.
- Stuff the Van Toy Drive: Collecting new, unwrapped toys and clothes, as well as cash, to help Casper families this year at Walmart East from 7 am to 7 pm each day
Wednesday, December 12
- After School at the Library – Christmas Ornaments: Make Christmas ornaments out of tinsel, pipe cleaners, beads, jingle bells, and ribbon at the Natrona County Library from 4-5 pm. Open to elementary ages. All supplies provided at no cost.
- Broomball Social: Those 18 and older can try out Broomball at the David Street Station ice rink from 6-8 pm. Broomball is a game similar to hockey & soccer, where the player wears shoes not skates, and use brooms instead of hockey sticks to shoot a ball into their opponent’s goal. Helmets, nets, and broomball sticks are provided, just bring sneakers. Registration forms for the Broomball League, starting January 2, 2019, will be on site so you can sign up your 4-8 person team.
Friday, December 14
- Cinema and Skate: The David Street Station Ice Rink will host a PreCinema skate at 5 pm followed by a showing of Elf starting at 6 pm
Saturday, December 15
- Breakfast with Santa: Join Santa for breakfast and cookie decorating in the Summit Room at the Casper Events Center from 9-11 am. Doors open at 8:30 am. Registration is required. Register for only $1 here, with all registration fees donated to the Wyoming Food for Thought Project and Mimi’s House.
- Wreaths Across America: Help lay wreaths on the headstones of fallen veterans. The ceremony starts at Oregon Trail Veterans Cemetery at 10 am, moves to Highland Cemetery at 12 pm, and then to Memorial Gardens Cemetery at 1 pm.
- 800 Feet on First – Center to Ash: From 11 am-3 pm, walk a stretch of 800 feet on First Street for discounts and promotions from participating businesses. Grab a stamp card from one of the businesses and collect stamps from the shops for a chance to win prizes. Finish the event at Wyoming Bootlegger Liquor (alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages available), where the drawing for the grand prize basket will be held at 3 pm.
- Tis’ The Season at the Aquatic Center: Special $4.00 admission price to swim from 12-3 pm. Children 4 and under get in free with paid adult admission. Children 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
- Tales with Tails – Deck the Howls: Read bedtime stories to shelter dogs at the Casper Humane Society in your PJs from 1-2:15. Call the shelter at 265-5439 to reserve your space.
- Skate with Santa: David Street Station from 1-3 pm
- Free photos with The Grinch: Murdoch’s from 1-4 pm
- Casper Spirit Dance and Cheer Program: In The Eastridge Mall in front of Sears @ 3 pm
Monday, December 17
- The Oak Ridge Boys – Shine the Light on Christmas: The Oak Ridge Boys are back with their annual Christmas tour at the Casper Events Center starting at 7 pm. Tickets can be found here, ranging from $35 to $65.
- Kelly Walsh Strings – Holiday in Harmony Concert: Kelly Walsh Auditorium at 7 pm
Wednesday, December 19
- After School at the Library- Polar Express Pajama Party: @ 4-5 pm
- Teen Night: A night of games and music just for the teens will be held at The Events Center from 6-10pm. Activities will include Basketball, Music, Dancing, Pool Tables, Dart Boards, Corn Hole, Table Tennis, and Giant Jenga. Admission is free and the event is open to teens ages 13 and older. Parents and guardians are welcome to chaperone their teens. Attendees that bring donations for the Food, Fund, and Household & Clothing Drive will be entered to win a door prize.
Thursday, December 20
- Family Game Night: A night of games, music, and dancing will be held at The Events Center from 6-10 pm. Admission is free. A portion of the concession and bar sales will benefit Mimi’s House and the Wyoming Food for Thought Project. Attendees that bring donations for the Food, Fund, and Household & Clothing Drive will be entered to win a door prize.
Friday, December 21
- Cinema and Skate – The David Street Station Ice Rink will host a PreCinema skate at 5 pm followed by a showing of The Grinch starting at 6 pm
Saturday, December 22
- Skate with Santa: Meet Santa at the Casper Ice Arena from 1-3pm
Sunday, December 23
- Sunday Breakfast with Santa at the Elks: All you can eat breakfast open to the public from 8-11 am. Adults (13+) are $7, kids (5-12) are $3, and kids 4 and under eat free.
- Cinema and Skate – The David Street Station Ice Rink will host a PreCinema skate at 5 pm followed by a showing of Frozen starting at 6 pm
- Yellowstone Garage Gatsby New Year’s Party: Celebrate New Year’s 1920’s style at The Yellowstone Garage from 8 pm-12 am with Roaring 20s themed drinks, food, and music. A champagne toast at midnight will end the evening.
- Noon Year’s Mac N Cheese Festival: Ring in the new year at noon with gourmet mac n’ cheese at David Street Station from 11 am-1 pm. Participating vendors include C85, Eggingtons, HQ BBQ, and JC Burgers.