CASPER, Wyo. — Today marks the last day for the Natrona County School District 1 school choice registration period.
The school choice registration period is a window for families to indicate preferred school choices for their children, and the process runs from Dec. 28 to Jan. 20, according to NCSD.
“NCSD offers School Choice because we believe no single education style fits the needs of all children. School Choice gives families the opportunity to find the schools that are best for their individual children,” the district said in a news release.
The School Choice Registration period is the time for families of the following groups of students to choose their school preference for the 2023–24 school year:
- New-to-NCSD students
- Incoming preschool students
- Incoming kindergarteners
- Students moving from fifth to sixth grade
- Students moving from eighth to ninth grade
- Students of any grade level who wish to switch schools next year
Families do not need to complete this process if their child is not in one of the above categories, the district said.
The district encourages families to learn more about each school via the NCSD Family Guide. The district has also hosted open houses on campuses this month.
Because enrollment is not based on a first-come, first-served basis, it doesn’t matter when the registration process is completed as long as it’s completed by today.
For more information and helpful resources, please click on the links below:
- NCSD Family Guide: This guide features pages for each school with information about curricula, programs, and school philosophies.
- NCSD Open House Schedule: Families can visit schools to learn more about the terrific opportunities available across the district.
- Frequently Asked Questions – School Choice Registration
School readiness is an important foundation for a child’s successful academic journey. As we work together to prepare your child for a fun, engaging, and successful educational experience in kindergarten, we encourage you to check out the readiness resources provided below.