CASPER, Wyo. — Gymnastics classes are on offer at the Casper Recreation Center this summer.
“Improve coordination, strength, and flexibility with the Casper Recreation Center’s gymnastics classes beginning Wednesday, September 11 or Saturday, September 14,” the rec center says.
The following classes are available:
Article continues below...
- Gym Jam: These classes are for is for toddlers age 18 months to 3 years. A parent or other adult family member should attend with their toddlers. Classes are Wednesday afternoons from 3:55 – 4:35 p.m. It features “tumbling, games music and social interaction. The seven week session costs $51.
- Tot Tumbling: These classes are for ages 3 to 4 and take place Wednesdays from 4:40 – 5:20 p.m. Kids will lean tumbling and “will be introduced to the balance beam, vault, and bars.” The seven week session costs $67.
- Youth Beginning Gymnastics: These classes are for ages 5 and over and take place on Wednesdays from 5:25 – 6:25 p.m. or Saturdays from 10:05 – 11:05 a.m. The focus will be on balance coordination and body awareness as students work on “tumbling, balance beam, vault, and bars.” The seven week session costs $79.
- Rhythmic Gymnastics: This is a new offering for ages 7-12. “Students will develop strength, flexibility, agility, balance, and eye-hand-foot coordination. Classes will start with basic body positions and apparatus skills using ribbons, balls, hoops, and ropes.” Anastasiia Lanham will lead this class. She has over 10 years of rhythmic gymnastics. The price was not listed in the rec center announcement.
- Advanced Beginning & Intermediate Gymnastics: These classes are for ages 6 and up. They are for kids who have already taken the beginning class. Instructor permission is required for kids to take these classes. “This class is held Saturday from 11:10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.” The seven week session costs $95.
People can register for the classes online or visiting the Casper Rec Center at 1801 East Fourth Street.
More information is available by calling the rec center at (307) 235-8383.