CASPER, Wyo. — University of Wyoming starting football quarterback and team captain Andrew Peasley will train the next generation of potential Cowboys at the inaugural quarterback clinic hosted by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Wyoming and the University of Wyoming.
The clinic takes place Saturday, June 3 at Natrona County High School’s practice field. It will feature a group of 12 Wyoming high school athletes who were chosen for participation by high school coaches from the Central Wyoming region.
The clinic will include quarterback-specific skills along with fun skills competitions to help prepare the athletes for their season in the fall.
“We are excited to have Andrew come work with these top-notch athletes,” said Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Wyoming CEO Ashley Bright. “A big part of what we do at Boys & Girls Club is mentorship, and we are thrilled to have the leader of our Cowboys work with the next generation of quarterbacks.”
The 12 selected athletes are:
- QB Carter Alvar – Kelly Walsh High School
- QB Quinn Alvar – Kelly Walsh High School
- QB Xzavier Harris – Kelly Walsh High School
- QB Cooper Gardner – Natrona County High School
- QB Beau Russell – Natrona County High School
- QB Luke Russell – Natrona County High School
- QB Ben Maggi – Natrona County High School
- QB Siler Hess – Dubois High School
- QB Ty Gilbertson – Sheridan High School
- QB Dominick Berettini – Sheridan High School
- QB Derrick DeVries – Riverton High School
- QB Blake Gantenbein – Riverton High School
The morning will begin with a motivational presentation by Peasley, followed by drills and a skills competition. The top three quarterbacks will receive awards, and all players will receive recognition and have the opportunity to take photographs with Peasley.
The clinic promotes healthy lifestyles for youth, one of the priorities of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Wyoming. Sports leagues offer the opportunity to explore competitive sports while learning positive use of leisure time, reducing stress, developing social and interpersonal skills and engaging in positive behaviors.