Over 3,997,732 readers this year!

With significant snow expected in Wyoming, drivers urged to be ready

Shutterstock

CASPER, Wyo. — The Cowboy State is likely to see snow this week with possible showers starting on Wednesday. With snow expected, the National Weather Service in Riverton is urging motorists to be prepared.

“Winter weather will be here before you know it. Are you and your vehicles ready?” the NWS in Riverton said.

The NWS in Riverton encouraged people to prepare winter vehicle safety kits and provided the following winter travel safety tips:

There is a chance of snow and rain showers on Wednesday, mainly in areas west of the Continental Divide. Some areas east of the Continental Divide, including Cody and Dubois, could see precipitation.

“Snow could mix with the rain late Wednesday night in the higher elevations,” the NWS in Riverton says.

A storm system is expected to impact the west on Thursday through Saturday.

“A storm system will impact the area, with significant precipitation probable over the west,” the NWS in Riverton says. “Several inches of snow could occur across the western mountains during this time frame, mainly above 9500 feet.”

In the Casper area, there is a 30% chance of showers after noon on Friday. That chance increases to 50% on Friday night, and there is also a chance of showers over the weekend.

Casper Mountain could see showers starting Thursday night. There is a 20% chance of rain on Thursday evening. The mountain has a 30% chance of rain showers on Friday afternoon, increasing to 50% on Friday night.

There is a 40% chance of rain on Casper Mountain on Saturday. There is a 30% chance of rain on Saturday night.

The mountain could see some rain and snow on Sunday morning, with rain possible in the afternoon. There is a 30% chance of precipitation, according to the NWS in Riverton.

Related