Over 3,888,949 readers this year!

More rain and snow forecast for Casper; weekend high above 50 degrees before plummeting to subzero temps

(Shutterstock)

CASPER, Wyo. — The Casper area can expect some more precipitation in coming days alongside some potential dramatic temperature swings, according to the forecast from the National Weather Service (NWS) in Riverton.

Snow showers are likely to continue in the Casper area until around 11 p.m. Wednesday. Nighttime accumulations are expected to reach less than an inch.

Thursday is expected to be sunny with a high near 35 degrees. The NWS in Riverton forecasts a 20% chance of showers in Casper on Thursday night with a 30% chance on Casper Mountain.

Friday’s high in Casper is forecast near 44 degrees before temperatures climb to a high near 50 degrees on Saturday. Sunday is expected to climb as high as 51 degrees, according to the NWS in Riverton. With the warm Sunday temperatures, rain and snow is possible before 7 p.m. with snow showers likely after 7 p.m. There is a 60% chance for showers on Sunday in Casper.

Casper Mountain has a 40% chance for snow showers on Sunday morning, increasing to a 60% chance on Sunday night.

Snow showers are likely in Casper on Monday and Monday night and there is a chance of snow on Tuesday, according to the NWS in Riverton. Casper Mountain has an 80% chance of snow on Monday, a 60% chance on Monday night and a 50% chance on Tuesday.

After the warm winter weekend temperatures expected in Casper, temperatures are likely to fall dramatically into the new week. Monday’s high in Casper is expected to reach near 24 degrees with a low around 3 degrees expected on Monday night, according to the NWS in Riverton. Tuesday’s high is expected to reach near 14 degrees before Casper falls to a low around -5 degrees on Tuesday. Wednesday’s high is forecast at around 19 degrees, according to the NWS in Riverton.

Casper Mountain could reach temperatures as high as 44 degrees over the weekend but is expected to be colder into the new week. Monday’s high on the mountain is expected to be between 17-23 degrees. The mountain could drop as low as -6 degrees on Monday night with -17 to -27 degree windchills expected, according to the NWS in Riverton.

Casper Mountain is expected to see a high around 8 degrees on Tuesday and could drop as low as -7 degrees on Tuesday night with -18 to -28 degree windchills possible. Wednesday’s high on the mountain is expected to reach near 12 degrees, according to the NWS in Riverton.

Further forecast information is available from the NWS in Riverton.

Advertisement

Related