Over 3,888,949 readers this year!

Casper Mountain to see up to 70 mph winds Thursday, three inches of snow by Friday

(Dan Cepeda, Oil City File)

CASPER, Wyo. — Strong winds are expected on Thursday with localized gusts up to 70 mph gusts possible around Natrona County, Casper Mountain, Green Mountain and the Rattlesnake Range, according to a special weather statement from the National Weather Service in Riverton.

The strong winds between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Thursday could lead to control issues for light, high-profile vehicles and trailers, according to the NWS in Riverton.

Casper Mountain could see rain showers begin early Thursday afternoon, with a 30% chance for rain and thunderstorms. Showers are also possible in Casper, with thunderstorms possible after 4 p.m. Thursday, the NWS in Riverton forecasts.

Rain and snow is likely overnight Thursday on the mountain, with up to two inches of snow possible. There is a 60% chance for precipitation on the mountain. Casper has a 40% chance for precipitation overnight Thursday, with rain and snow possible.

Casper Mountain has a 60% chance for snow showers on Friday, with an additional one inch of accumulation possible, according to the NWS in Riverton. Thunderstorms will be possible on the mountain in the afternoon. There is a 20% chance for precipitation on the mountain on Friday night.

Casper has a 50% chance for snow on Friday and Friday night, according to the NWS in Riverton.

There is a 20% chance of snow on the mountain on Saturday, with a 30% chance for rain and snow returning on Sunday night.

Further forecast information is available from the NWS in Riverton.

Advertisement

Related