Over 3,888,949 readers this year!

Dry and wet Wyoming thunderstorms could start Thursday afternoon; 60% chance of rain on Casper Mountain Friday

(Shutterstock)

CASPER, Wyo. — Western and central Wyoming could see some thunderstorms on Thursday afternoon with strong wind gusts possible, according to the National Weather Service in Riverton.

Isolated afternoon and nighttime thunderstorms are possible across the region, and southern Wyoming could see some dry thunderstorms Thursday afternoon. In Casper, there is a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5 p.m. Thursday.

There is a chance for showers and thunderstorms across most of western and central Wyoming on Friday, with a 50% chance in Casper and a 60% chance on Casper Mountain, the NWS in Riverton forecasts. Casper is expected to reach a high near 80 degrees on Friday. There is a 40% chance of showers in Casper on Friday night and a 50% chance on the mountain.

Saturday is expected to be cooler in Casper with a high near 70 degrees, according to the NWS in Riverton. The high is expected to climb near 75 degrees on Sunday and near 83 degrees on Monday. The warming trend is expected to continue with highs near 90 and 91 degrees on Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms returns to Casper on Wednesday.

Further forecast information is available from the NWS in Riverton.

Advertisement

Related