(Dan Cepeda, Oil City News)

CASPER, Wyo. — Dry mornings, wet afternoons: The persistent weather pattern creating late spring showers in the afternoon is here to stay through early next week.

Widespread showers and thunderstorms are expected again in Natrona County, according to the forecast from the National Weather Service in Riverton. The early part of the day will carry a 20% chance for rain, and that will rise to 70% around noon. Some showers could turn into thunderstorms, the forecast says.

Today’s high is 75 and low is 53. Rain chances will diminish into the evening to 30%.

No surprises here — Friday will be much of the same, albeit slightly warmer at 80 degrees. The day will be mostly sunny with a 20% chance for afternoon thunderstorms that will continue into the evening as the low falls to around 54.

The potential is high for a wet weekend, if the forecast holds up. Saturday will see a high near 74, along with a 20% chance of storms climbing to 70% between 9 a.m. and noon. Saturday night will see a 60% chance for storms as the low falls to around 53.

Sunday will start with a 30% chance of showers and later rise to 70%. The high will hover around 70.

There’s no break in sight for this dry/wet pattern as Monday will start off mostly sunny and then see a 60% chance of afternoon thunderstorms.

More on the forecast is available from the National Weather Service in Riverton.