(Greg Hirst, Oil City News)

CASPER, Wyo. — Rain is likely today in the Casper area, and again on Monday to kick off the coming week, according to the National Weather Service in Riverton.

Today, residents can expect a 40% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1 p.m. After sundown, the chance of precipitation is expected to climb to a 60% likelihood. Meanwhile, strong winds could gust as high as 25 mph.

Temperatures throughout the day will reach a high of roughly 69 degrees in the afternoon before falling to a low of around 50 at night.

On Monday, more rain is expected, the NWS in Riverton reports. Showers will likely pick up in the early afternoon, though skies are supposed to clear as the day unfolds. Monday will see temperatures reach a high in the mid-70s.