CASPER, Wyo. — On February 24, 2020, the Casper Police Department says they conducted seventeen tobacco compliance checks on businesses in the city of Casper.
Sixteen establishments passed reportedly passed the check.
Federal law recently changed the minimum age for persons to buy tobacco, from 18-years to 21-years. However, CPD is enforcing a minimum age of 18, as reflected in state law.
Article continues below...
In the State of Wyoming, it is illegal to sell tobacco to anyone under the age of 18.
“We are a municipality agency, therefore we enforce municipal code and state statute,” said Rebekah Ladd, Public Information Officer for the Casper Police Department. “Until the Wyoming legislature changes state statute to reflect the federal law, we continue to enforce state statue.”
Passed the Compliance Check:
- Loaf ’n Jug- 2400 CY Avenue
- Smith’s Food and Drug- 2405 CY Avenue
- Ridley’s Outfitter Liquor- 3037 CY Avenue
- Shell- 911 CY Avenue
- Loaf ’N Jug- 4380 South Poplar Street
- Loaf ’N Jug- 285 Honeysuckle Street
- Good to Go- 400 Valley Drive
- Paradise Valley Liquor- 401 Valley Drive
- Homax- 605 South Poplar Street
- Albertson’s- 1076 CY Ave
- Casper Cigar Company- 1831 CY Avenue
- Poplar Wine and Spirits- 1016 South Poplar Street
- USA Gasoline- 1500 South Poplar Street
- Family Dollar- 723 CY Avenue
- CY Discount Liquor- 840 CY Avenue
- Loaf ’N Jug- 938 South Poplar
Did not pass the compliance check:
- Mocha Moose- 845 East Second Street