CASPER, Wyo. — Provided below are the defendants and charges from appearances in Natrona County Circuit Court on Monday and Tuesday, June 5–6.
All persons entering not guilty pleas or charged with felonies are presumed innocent until convicted or pleading guilty. Official charges are subject to change by the Natrona County District Attorney’s Office.
Pleas on felony charges are not entered in circuit court, though bond conditions are set.
A bail bondsman can post a surety bond, typically requiring 10–20%.
A “personal recognizance” or “signature” bond means there is no money required to get out, but the defendant could owe the full amount if they fail to appear.
Factors affecting bond and sentencing include the nature of the crime, the weight of the evidence, the defendant’s criminal history and their ties to the community.
Standard fees typically include $150 to the Crime Victims Compensation Fund, $70 in court costs and $50 to Drug Court assessment fees. Some charges carry additional fines.
Felonies and engrossed misdemeanors (pleas not entered in circuit court)
- Justin Noland, 37 – Fleeing or eluding, reckless driving, interference, possession of methamphetamine: felony weight
- $30,000 cash or surety bond
- Brandon Steele, 20 – DUI resulting in serious bodily injury, reckless driving
- $35,000 cash or surety bond
No contest and guilty pleas
- Christopher Noah, 28 – Possession of methamphetamine
- One year suspended, one year unsupervised probation
- Michael Shirts, 36 – Possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana
- One year jail, with sentence review upon completion of Adult Drug Court
- Samantha Vigil, 30 – Possession of methamphetamine
- $470 fines and court costs
- Mary Yates, 26 – Possession of methamphetamine
- Six months suspended, one year supervised probation
- Scott Johnson – Criminal entry
- Seven days jail (credit for one week served)
- Kaitlynn Peeler, 23 – Domestic battery
- Time Served, remaining six months suspended
- One year supervised probation
- Duey Palmer, 20 – Unauthorized use of motor vehicle
- Seven days jail, credit for time served
Not guilty pleas
- Maria Orozco, 21 – DUI, driving under suspension, open container in vehicle, interference with a peace officer, leaving the scene of an accident
- $2,500 cash or surety bond
- Richard Conner, 52 – Domestic battery
- $1,000 cash or surety bond
- Richard McClosky, 35 – Possession of methamphetamine
- $1,500 cash or surety bond
- Albert Gaines, 30 – DUI, possession of fentanyl, possession of methamphetamine, failure to maintain lane
- $2,000 cash only