CASPER, Wyo. — Provided below are the defendants and charges from appearances in Natrona County Circuit Court on Wednesday, Aug. 9.
The Honorable Seventh Judicial Circuit Court Judge Nichole Collier presided, while Assistant District Attorneys Stephanie Arrache and Ashlee Neves represented the state.
All persons entering not guilty pleas or charged with felonies are presumed innocent until convicted or pleading guilty. Official charges are subject to change by the Natrona County District Attorney’s Office.
Pleas on felony charges are not entered in circuit court, though bond conditions are set.
A bail bondsman can post a surety bond, typically requiring 10–15%.
A “personal recognizance” or “signature” bond means there is no money required to get out, but the defendant could owe the full amount if they fail to appear.
Factors affecting bond and sentencing include the nature of the crime, the weight of the evidence, the defendant’s criminal history and ties to the community.
Standard fees typically include $150 to the Crime Victims Compensation Fund, $70 in court costs and $50 to Drug Court assessment fees. Some charges carry additional fines.
Also included are pleas to modified charges entered in circuit court.
No contest and guilty pleas
- Jesse Pangus, 33 – Pedestrian under the influence of alcohol
- $150 fine
- Sherry Hicks, 32 – Possession of a controlled substance: methamphetamine
- One year of jail time suspended, one year of supervised probation
- $770 in court fees and fines
- Michael Pollos – Misdemeanor theft
- Changed original plea to no contest
- 14 days of jail time with credit for time served; has to pay $99.99 restitution to victim
Not guilty pleas
- Savanna Sylvester, 35 – Reckless driving, eluding police, driving with suspended license, breach of peace, driving with open container
- $1,000 cash or surety bond
- Christina Counts, 39 – Failure to appear
- Failed to appear for change of plea hearing on possession of controlled substance charge
- Changed plea to not guilty
- $1,500 cash-only bond; has to sign waiver waiving right to speedy trial
Felonies and engrossed misdemeanors
- Shelly VanCleve, 56 – Felony-weight possession of a controlled substance: methamphetamine
- $7,500 cash or surety bond
- Myron Nipwater, 45 – Failure to appear
- Failed to appear at an order to show cause hearing for not going to counseling or paying fines on a DUI charge
- Seven days in jail with credit for time served