CASPER, Wyo. — Provided below are the defendants and charges from appearances in Natrona County Circuit Court on Monday, Sept. 25.
The Honorable Seventh Judicial Circuit Court Judge Kevin Taheri presided Monday, while Assistant District Attorney Mackenzie Morrison represented the state.
All persons entering not guilty pleas or charged with felonies are presumed innocent until convicted or pleading guilty. Official charges are subject to change by the Natrona County District Attorney’s Office.
Pleas on felony charges are not entered in circuit court, though bond conditions are set.
A bail bondsman can post a surety bond, typically requiring 10–15%.
A “personal recognizance” or “signature” bond means there is no money required to get out, but the defendant could owe the full amount if they fail to appear.
Factors affecting bond and sentencing include the nature of the crime, the weight of the evidence, the defendant’s criminal history and their ties to the community.
The standard of evidence differs in probation revocations. The state is only required to prove the allegations in an affidavit for revocation “to a preponderance of the evidence.”
The defendant can admit and have the underlying sentenced imposed or resuspended. The defendant can also deny and seek representation at a contested hearing, and a new bond is set.
For purposes of this document, admissions and denials are represented as guilty and not guilty pleas, respectively.
Standard fees typically include $150 to the Crime Victims Compensation Fund, $70 in court costs and $50 to Drug Court assessment. Additional fines may be imposed at sentencing.
Felonies and engrossed misdemeanors (pleas not entered in circuit court)
- Christopher Tindall, 48 – Possession of methamphetamine: third or subsequent, possession of marijuana: third or subsequent
- $5,000 cash or surety bond
- Juan Quinn, 23 – Possession of psilocybin: felony weight, possession of marijuana: misdemeanor, DUI: alcohol: second offense), open container
- $7,500 cash or surety bond
- Aaron Collins, 41 – Child endangerment with methamphetamine, possession of marijuana: THC, criminally negligent child endangerment: misdemeanor
- $25,000 cash or surety bond
- Jeri Burch, 29 – Child endangerment with methamphetamine, possession of marijuana: THC, criminally negligent child endangerment: misdemeanor
- $25,000 cash or surety bond
No contest and guilty pleas
- Christopher Tindall, 48 – Probation revocation
- One year probation restarted
- Anthony Steelman, 27 – Probation revocation
- 45 days jail
- Sherri Smith – Domestic battery
- Six months suspended
- Six months unsupervised probation
- Bridgette Moyte, 36 – Theft: misdemeanor, check fraud x2: misdemeanor
- Six months suspended, six months unsupervised probation
- $132.25 restitution
- Pleaded no contest
- Timmy Lynn, 45 – Probation revocation
- 45 days
- Trenton Williamson, 19 – Unlawful contact (amended from 3/21/23 domestic battery charge)
- Six months suspended, one year supervised probation
Not guilty pleas
- Christopher Lawrence, 31 – Probation revocation
- $3,000 cash or surety bond
- Levi Butcher, 33 – Domestic battery, interference with emergency calls
- $10,000 cash or surety bond