UPDATE: Feb. 14, 2020- Authorities continue their search with mounted officials, trained personnel, and K9 units, as the search is poised to enter its third week.
- Related Story: Authorities, K9s continue search for Colorado boy
Authorities in Colorado are continuing search efforts, after a boy was reported missing from the El Paso County, Colorado area.
Gannon Stauch was last seen by his step-mother on the afternoon of Jan. 27 at his home in Security, Colorado. His step-mother reported that Stauch has left home between 3:15 and 4 pm to play at a friend’s house in the neighborhood.
Article continues below...
- Name: Gannon Stauch
- Height: 4 feet 9 inches
- Weight: Approx. 90 lbs.
- Hair: Brown
- Eyes: Brown
Gannon was reportedly wearing a blue jacket with hood, jeans, and tennis shoes when he was last seen.
The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office investigation continued over the weekend in the Lorson Ranch area. A statement from the agency says that deputies re-canvassed Gannon’s neighborhood and spoke with neighbors.
“We did this in a systematic approach to ensure all residents have been interviewed because some may have been away at the time of the initial canvassing. Those who are in the immediate vicinity of an incident may have useful information to provide,” officials said. “We will continue to search specific areas based on tips and leads in this investigation. The size of the search group can vary at any point during this investigation. The investigation and the search processes will continue to run parallel with one another in hopes of finding Gannon and bringing him back home safely.”
To date, El Paso County Sheriff’s officials say they have received 339 tips on the case.
“Misinformation that is being spread on social media is a hindrance to this investigation and adds an unnecessary additional burden on the family,” El Paso County authorities said Sunday. “Any information that is prematurely released and is not directly from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is not a credible source.”
If you have any information as it relates to Gannon’s case please call the El Paso County Colorado Sheriff’s Office Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email email@example.com.
El Paso county listed the following partners in search and investigation efforts:
- 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office
- Army (multiple units – volunteers)
- Army 4th Engineer Battalion (volunteers)
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Colorado Springs Fire Department
- Colorado Springs Police Department
- Fountain Police Department
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue
- El Paso County Public Works
- El Paso County Search and Rescue
- Emergency Incident Support
- Flight for Life (searching purposes only)
- Fremont County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (volunteers),
- Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management
- Salvation Army
- Verizon Wireless