CASPER, Wyo. — Officials from Casper Fire-EMS say that crews were able to extinguish a fire that left two individuals displaced Sunday morning.
A Casper Fire-EMS statement said that firefighters were dispatched at approximately 4:15 a.m. to a reported structure fire in the 200 Block of North Elk Street in Casper.
Fire crews reported arriving to find heavy smoke showing from a single-family dwelling.
Article continues below...
“Crews searched the home and confirmed all occupants were out and accounted for,” officials said. “One occupant was assessed on scene for minor smoke inhalation, but was not transported to the hospital.”
Crews reportedly found the fire in the bathroom on the main level of the home and it was quickly extinguished.
“Smoke and heat damage was significant on the main floor. Damage to the bathroom and adjacent hallway was extensive. Two occupants were displaced as a result of the fire,” firefighters said.
The City-County Firefighters Burn Fund assisted with a check to help while the occupants are displaced.
Four units from Casper Fire-EMS responded, along with the on-duty Battalion Chief, Chief Officers, and an Investigator.
“Casper Fire-EMS reminds everyone that working smoke alarms save lives. Smoke alarms should be located on every floor of your residence, in common living areas and in sleeping areas,” fire officials say. “Test your smoke alarms monthly to ensure they are in good working order. If you have older smoke detectors, change the batteries twice yearly. Newer smoke detectors come equipped with batteries that may last up to 10 years without replacement.”