Over 3.5 million readers this year!

Fundraising Goal met for Brian Scott Gamroth Community Stage

The Downtown Development Authority has announced that fundraising for the Brian Scott Gamroth Community Stage hit its goal Monday, June 19th.

Supporters "sign the stage" during an event that allowed people to sign the structure of the Brian Scott Gamroth Community stage in May of 2017.


The Downtown Development Authority has announced that fundraising for the Brian Scott Gamroth Community Stage hit its goal Monday, June 19th. Public donations of $250,000 were raised and will now be matched by anonymous donors.

According to a release from the D.D.A., reaching the fundraising goal means that Phase 1 of the downtown plaza is fully funded and enough is raised to begin work on foundations and infrastructure for Phase II this summer in order to complete the full project by late Spring 2018.

“The total project budget is $9.1 million. With $455,260 remaining to be raised, we are at 95% of that goal” say John Jorgensen, George Bryce and Cathy Carson, in a joint written statement sent to media on Thursday. The three had agreed to help with fundraising efforts after Brian Scott Gamroth passed away last fall.

Over 300 individuals wrote checks and multiple community organizations joined and said their fundraising efforts were designated to honor Brian Scott Gamroth. The popular local radio personality and omnipresent institution of Casper died in late 2016 as the result from a motorcycle crash.

The community of Kaycee, Wyoming wanted to thank Brian Scott Gamroth for his loyalty to their town; they sent over $13,000. The Casper Elks Club had a pancake breakfast that netted $7,000. The Central Wyoming Chapter of the American Petroleum Institute sent $40,000 the day of the Chili Cook-off and another $30,000 when the totals were tabulated! Thankful Thursday raised $33,000 for the BSG Community Stage, which is said to be the largest amount ever raised at that event.

Today’s final gift of $10,263.91 was from Tom and Lynn Lockhart to hit the $250,000 goal. According to George Bryce “when this idea started, the energy markets were down, the market as a whole was down, yet folks said, ‘There is never a bad time to do a good thing…to invest in our community!’ Now is the time for this project. Downtown needs it, the Eclipse Celebration is right around the corner and lots of people love the Thursday downtown activity! So, now we are here, 95% funded and we believe there are still folks who will step forward to complete the remaining 5% of the campaign. The stock market is at all-time highs, gifts of appreciated stock have come in, RMD distributions and regular gifts have all gotten us here.”

“Several months ago, Casper was named the Most Giving City in the Nation and I absolutely believe it to be true. The generosity of our community never ceases to amaze and humbles me every day. Thank you Casper for believing in and supporting this wonderful community project,” said Kevin Hawley, DDA Executive Director.

Phase I construction, under the management of local contractor, Caspar Building Systems, remains on schedule to be completed in time for the Eclipse Celebration beginning August 15.