Cinema and Skate at David Street Station
- Cinema and Skate is a new winter series for the whole family. Join us for the first event this season as we will be showing The Polar Express at 6 p.m.while the whole family skates on the newly opened ice skating rink. Bring blankets and dress warm!
Cowboy State Christmas Expo 2018 at Eastridge Mall
- Come celebrate at your one stop Christmas Expo! 80 vendors, food, baked goods, free entertainment, face painting, Santa, gift wrapping, and more! $1.00 admission proceeds benefit Operation Christmas Child – Bringing joy to children in need! Starts Friday at 3:00 and Saturday at 9:00.
Wy First Lego League Robotics at Casper Events Center
Article continues below...
- This is a 62-team Championship Tournament at the Casper Event Center. Registration and setup begin at 5 p.m. on Friday, November 30th. Judging begins at 8 a.m. Saturday, December 1st.
No Shave November Beard-On Event at Frontier
- Join us for the No Shave November Beard Contest party to see how all those beards have grown over the month!On Friday, November 30th
at Frontier Brewing Co.
117 East 2nd Street, Casper, WY
from 6 – 8pmWe will have raffles and giveaways throughout the night.
Buy a beer card, or get your “after picture” to get your raffle tickets.
Beer for a Beard!
1. Must have entered our contest on November 1st.
2. Get your after picture taken at this event.
3. Frontier Brewing will buy you a beer for your beard.
Brought to you by: Wyoming Health Fairs, Casper-Natrona County Health Dept., Wyoming Cancer Resource Services, Frontier brewing Co., Rialto Barbershop, Citizen Shave, Matt Kadlick Photography and Townsquare Media Casper.
No-Shave November Beard Contest Rules
Step 1 – Shave and submit your “before” picture on November 1st.
How to enter the contest on November 1st.
1. Come to our Beard-Off Event at Frontier Brewing Co. on November 1st from 6pm-8pm and sign-up to enter our contest.
We will have a professional photographer on-site to take your “before” picture.
A. If you have a beard. We will have 2 barbers on-site to shave you with clippers before your picture.
You will receive a free beer from Frontier Brewing Co., a voucher for a free PSA screening from Wyoming Health Fairs
and a ticket for our raffle giveaways.
B. If you are clean-shaven. You can just get your picture taken by our photographer.
You will receive a voucher for a free PSA screening from Wyoming Health Fairs and a ticket for our raffle giveaways.
2. Submit your own “before” picture. Shave on November 1st and email a “before” picture to email@example.com. Include your
name and best contact number.
Step 2 – Don’t shave for the entire month of November.
Step 3 – Submit your “after” picture on November 30th.
There are a couple of ways to finalize your entry into the contest on November 30th.
1. Come to our Beard-On Event at Frontier Brewing Co. on November 30th from 6pm-8pm.
We will have a professional photographer on-site to take your “after” picture. You will receive a free beer from Frontier Brewing Co,
and a ticket for our raffle giveaways.
2. Submit your own after picture. Email your “after” picture taken on November 30th to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name
and best contact number.
Step 4 – Facebook voting to determine our winner.
For each contestant that submits a “before” and “after’ picture, we will combine them into one photo to be posted on the
Wyoming Health Fairs Facebook page for voting.
1. Monday December 3rd at 8am – “Before” and “After” pictures will be posted on the WHF Facebook Page.
2. For one week the public may “like” your picture (one “like” equals one vote).
3. Monday December 10th at 8am – The photo with the most likes will win our grand prize.
Grand Prize = $265 in gift cards to various downtown Casper merchants.
Runner up = $170 in gift cards to various downtown Casper merchants.
Metro Poetry Slam
- Bring three of your best poems and compete in the Metro Poetry Slam or come sip some delicious coffee and enjoy the show! This is an all ages event. Starts at 7:00.
Butch’s Happy Days Fundraiser for Drew’s Decision
- Fundraiser for Drew’s Decision
$3 Jello Shots
Live Auction at 7:00 PM 50/50 Raffle
2018 Filly Volleyball Banquet
- Players and Family:
Please come celebrate our 2018 NCHS Fillies Volleyball players. We will have ice cream floats. If you would like to bring a dessert to share that would be great! Starts at 6:00.
Around the World in 80s Days at Casper College
- Join fearless adventurer Phileas Fogg and his loyal manservant Passapartout as they race against time to complete their trip around the world in only 80 days! Stampeding elephants…Raging typhoons… Runaway trains…and much much more spice up this story of danger, romance and comic surprises. Truly an adventure for the whole family!Rating: Suitable for ages 5 and above. Starts at 7:30.
The Royal Holiday Ball at the Nic
- ***Attention Prince and Princesses!***We are pleased to announce :The Royal Holiday Ball!
Come experience the magic of Dream Upon a Princess!
It’s a night of entertainment that all little prince or princesses will enjoy.
This year it will be filled with dancing, singing princess songs and christmas carols, along with a magical story-time, coloring with some of their favorite princesses, and of course treats!
Our line-up of princesses are excited to celebrate the holiday season with you! Don’t forget to wear your best dress or prince suit. You won’t want to miss this adventure and the magical moments and memories it will bring.
This is great for daddy and daughter dates, or any date that will make your little ones night special.
Regular Tickets :$30
Chaperone Passes: $5
We recommend ages 3 and up!
(Each Prince or princess must have a chaperone!)
(There is an extra charge for using our online system.)
VIP time has only 10-12 tickets available and starts at 4:30pm!
This includes a coronation gift, special one on one time with 5 of our princesses(will be announced who as we get closer), a princess lesson, and get to be a part of the princess parade as we begin the ball!
There will also be a photo booth where you may take some of your own pictures.
Tickets available now!
(Once tickets are purchased exchanges are excepted but no refunds.)
We will be posting more details to our website and Facebook, So please keep checking back!
Far Out: A Ski & Snowboard Film by Teton Gravity Research
- Far Out embodies the imagination as much as it does a physical space. It is the quest to seek out undiscovered realms and inspire new waves of creativity, enlightenment, and progression. It is the quest to be blown away.Join the TGR crew on one of its boldest missions ever. The film follows the perspective of an athlete as he embarks on a journey to one of the most remote and unexplored mountain ranges on the planet, the Albanian Alps. While the final destination appears to be the ultimate goal, it is the collective of athletes, experiences, and the array of locations around the world that inevitably drive the season’s adventure. Witness mind-bending pillow lines as the crew camps out deep in the Purcell Mountains of British Columbia. Experience urban madness in Kamchatka and the insanity of the Crazy Mountains in Montana. Join the crew in the Slovenian Alps for over-the-head cold smoke and watch an 11-year-old rip Jackson Hole. Discover the alien landscape of Girdwood, Alaska in January and see Sean Jordan ride into Crested Butte on a black stallion to shred the Southern Rockies. Find out if the wildest and most untamed mountains in Europe let us in, and if the ultimate destination became a reality.Doors open at 6pm, film starts at 7pm.
A portion of the proceeds from this event will go to Friends of Hogadon.
Frontier Brewing Company and Taproom will provide adult beverages before and during the show. Frontier and Mountain Sports will also host a pre+post party at Frontier Brewing. (Swing by early for Frontier’s Far Out Pre-Show Party at Frontier Brewing!)
Winter Bag Sale at the Library
- Grocery bags of books are $3 each and larger, tote-sized bags of books are $5 each. The sale includes used books at great prices, in all genres and for all age groups. Other items for sale include movies, music, puzzles, and magazines. Accepted payment methods include cash, local checks, and PayPal as well as credit and debit cards. Starts at 9:00.
Candlelight Christmas at the Fort Caspar Museum
- Experience this free annual event, “Christmas on the Frontier.”
The Fort Caspar Museum and the Fort Caspar Museum Association, invite you to join us on Saturday, December 1st from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., for Casper’s favorite holiday tradition: Candlelight Christmas at the Fort. This event is free and open to the public.
Walk through the Fort buildings illuminated only by candlelight, and meet characters from the past. We will have army, pioneer, and mountain men re-enactors. In the Museum, enjoy free hot chocolate and cookies, live music, craft-making activities for the kids, exhibits, holiday shopping, and more. It’s an evening of holiday magic for all ages!
Call the Museum for more information at (307) 235-8462, or visit our website at www.fortcasparwyoming.com. Fort Caspar Museum is located at 4001 Fort Caspar Road.
Contact: Rick Young,
Fort Caspar Museum Manager
Parks & Recreation Department
Love of Nature at the Wyoming Symphony Orchestra
- Thomas Heuser, the second of four candidates slated for consideration as the Wyoming Symphony Orchestra’s new music director and conductor, will join the WSO on stage Saturday, Dec. 1st at 7:30pm. His program “Love of Nature” features Dvorak’s Symphony No. 9 in E Minor, From the New World and Smetana’s Die Moldau.
Heuser and the orchestra will be joined by Tim Fain, a prominent American violinist. Fain has displayed his talents on the big screen, working on films like Black Swan and 12 Years a Slave. Fain is also known for RESONANCE — a virtual reality music and film collaboration with Google. Fain will display his virtuosity with Sibelius’s Violin Concerto.
At 5:00 p.m. the evening of the concert, Heuser will hold a pre-concert talk at The Lyric, where he will speak about the program in terms of musicality, history, theme and more. The talk will last 30 minutes which gives patrons plenty of time to dine downtown before the doors open at NCHS’s John F. Welsh Auditorium at 7:00 p.m. The post-concert reception at Art 321 will be another opportunity for patrons to interact with the music director candidate.
After the concert, the WSO will distribute a survey to patrons and musicians via our email newsletter to gather feedback about the concert and the candidate. Audience feedback will be instrumental in the search committee’s recommendation, so the staff and board urge all patrons to participate. If you would like to receive the survey, please sign up for the WSO’s email newsletter by texting MAESTRO to 66866.
Tickets are available by phone at (307) 266-1478 and in the WSO office, which is temporarily located at 159 N. Wolcott, Suite 180 in the Ohio Oil Building. The WSO offers a range of ticketing options, including entry to the 10:30 a.m. dress rehearsal on Dec. 1st in exchange for a non-perishable food item. Food donations will go to the Wyoming Food for Thought project. To learn more visit our website www.wyomingsymphony.org or call the WSO office.
Skate with Santa at David Street Station
- Haven’t had a chance to talk to Santa yet? Here is your chance! Join us this afternoon for Skate with Santa. Meet the jolly man, take photos, and tell him what your Christmas list includes this holiday season! Starts at 1:00.
Twelve Historic Days of Christmas at the Historic Bishop House
- Historic Bishop Home has donned its Christmas apparel. The Historic Bishop Home, Casper’s only 1900’s home that has been converted to a house museum, is dressed for the holidays and ready to welcome visitors. Our new exhibits this year focus on twelve historical days of Christmas. We have been busy decorating and learning about Christmas traditions in Casper. We have stories to tell about when a Christmas tree cost a quarter, and it cost a penny to mail a Christmas card. With something new to do or see each Saturday, we look forward to your visit at the Bishop Home Museum. Located at 818 East 2nd Street Casper Wyoming. Parking behind the home off Lincoln Street. Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Suggested minimum donation of $2.00 per person.
Cowboy Stage Christmas Expo 2018
- Come celebrate at your one stop Chrtistmas Expo! 100 vendors, food, baked goods, free entertainment, face painting, Santa, and more! Donation and raffle proceeds benefit Operation Christmas Child – Bringing joy to children in need!
Pictures with Santa at the Science Zone
- Santa will be here during our Holidazzle Day celebration on Saturday December 1st! Photographer Matt Kadlick will be taking pictures from 10 AM-2 PM for just $5! You will receive a digital copy of your photo that you can download, print and share however works best for you!
Casper Kirtan at Wyoming Food for Thought
- New night. New chants. Same place. Open your heart. Calm your mind. Join us for an hour of meditative chanting at WY Food for Thought – 900 St John Street. No experience required. You don’t need to be a vocalist. You don’t need any special equipment or instruments. Come. Close your eyes. Sit. Sing. Give it a try. 7-8:15pm Donations accepted but not expected.
Good Lord Henry + Blackbird Pizza at Frontier
- Join seriously good dudes Sean Wallace and Jeff Stanley (of Straight Up Slinky fame) for a Saturday Night celebration that will start your December off in EPIC style! They’ll be entertaining the tap room starting at 6, which is also when we’ll have Mountain Sports here doing some sick giveaways to celebrate the release of FAR OUT, a new Ski/Snowboard flick screening at the Rialto for one night only. Don’t have a ticket to the movie? Don’t worry! You can hang out and enjoy tasty craft beer (including locally made brews from both Frontier and Gruner Brothers Brewing), awesome local wood/fired pizza from Blackbird and sweet tunes from Good Lord Henry! All ages welcome – see you at Frontier!
A Highland Park Christmas Spectacular
- Highland Park Community Church invites you to a spectacular night of music, comedy and more to help usher in the Christmas season! We are excited to have with us Denver & The Mile High Orchestra, Andrew Stanley & the Highland Park Worship Arts Team as part of this year’s production. This is a FREE event. Please invite your family and friends and join us at the 2018 Highland Park Christmas Production. Performances are at 1:00 and 5:00.
The Free Store is Open for Shopping
- Come “shop” at the Free Store. All are welcome. No paperwork or referrals required. Just come as you are and enjoy the dignity of a sharing economy where, if we have more than we need, we share the love. No question asked. A few reminders: You may only take what you can carry in your own hands. No carts, strollers, bags, boxes, etc. allowed. We limit the number of shoppers allowed inside at a time for safety and security. Opens at 2:00 at 140 E. K Street in North Casper. Thank you!
Humane Society Pictures with Santa
- Alisha Collins Real Estate Team and the Casper Humane Society present PICTURES WITH SANTA! WHO: YOU! Bring Your Kids, Pets, and Yourself for Pictures with Santa! WHEN: By Appointment – Saturday December 1st 10 am – 2 pm *Appointments: Facebook.com/CasperPowerHouse – EVENTS …or Call the Humane Society (307) 265-5439 WHERE: RE/MAX The Group 350 West A Street, Casper, WY 82601.
Harry Potter Craftastic Saturday: Hogwarts House Scarfs
- Accio scarf! No need to hit Hogsmeade for some cozy wizardwear this winter. The Natrona County Library has you covered with a fun and easy no sew project on Saturday, December 1 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Whether you’re a brave Gryffindor, benevolent Hufflepuff, wise Ravenclaw, or cunning Slytherin, everyone can come make their own house scarf. Open to adult wizards, witches, squibs, and muggles only please. All house colors and magical supplies provided at no cost.
Natrona County 4H 2nd Annual Holiday Bazaar
- Saturday from 9:00 to 4:00 at the Fairgrounds. No admission fee, canned donations are encouraged.