Did you know that 9 out 10 people with marketplace insurance in Wyoming qualify for cost savings? That’s right—and you might be one of them. Some plans may even be available for a zero-cost premium.
With open enrollment 2020, now is the time to check in with an insurance agent to make sure you get the coverage you need.
Whether you’re shopping for coverage for yourself or your family, here’s everything you need to know about open enrollment this year.
Article continues below...
WHEN IS OPEN ENROLLMENT:
- Open Enrollment is the time period when you can purchase, change or re-new your health insurance coverage.
- 2020 Open Enrollment starts Friday, November 1, 2019.
- The last day to sign up for 2020 coverage is December 15, 2019.
- Coverage for people who sign up during Open Enrollment starts January 1, 2020.
PREPARING FOR OPEN ENROLLMENT:
To prepare for open enrollment, here’s what you’ll need:
- Your social security number(s) for you and whomever will be on your plan
- Any documents related to your income (prior year’s tax return, wage statements/check stub or all documents you would use to file your tax return)
- Current health coverage information
- Facts about dependents you’d like to cover
- An understanding of your medical needs
Having this information on hand will make the enrollment process much smoother and faster.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
If you don’t purchase health insurance during open enrollment you risk not having health coverage until the next enrollment unless you qualify for a special enrollment period. All Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming individual plans cover essential health benefits, pre-existing conditions, and preventative care.
Picking the right plan for you and your family can be confusing. That’s why we’re here to help assist you. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming has been your trusted health insurance company in Wyoming for more than 70 years. You deserve peace of mind, so don’t delay—make an appointment today to meet with one of us today and review all your options and check if you qualify for cost savings.