CASPER, Wyo — The Natrona County School District Board of Trustees have announced they will hold a Special Meeting on Monday, April 19, at 7:00 p.m.
The trustees on Monday, April 12 discussed possibly requesting a variance from the statewide mask mandate for schools which the Wyoming Department of Health said this week will be extended through the end of April.
The agenda for the April 20 work session is stated as follows:
Article continues below...
- Public Health Doctors Report and Trustee Discussion
- Staff Report and Trustee Discussion: NCSD Parent and Staff Survey Results.
The Special Meeting will follow the work session “only if needed,” the release states.
Not more than 30 minutes will be allotted for comment by persons wishing to address the Board, with no more than two minutes for each speaker. The Board will then consider the following item:
- NCSD Variance Request to Public Health Order #1
The special meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Natrona County School District is called pursuant to WY Stat § 16-4-404.
BY ORDER OF Raymond Catellier, Board Chair, Natrona County School District Board of Trustees, Casper, Wyoming.Natrona County School District #1 Board of Trustees
Public comment can also be submitted prior to Monday, April 19, 2021, at 1PM via email to email@example.com. These comments will be collected, without alteration, and submitted to the Board of Trustees.
The meeting will be held at 970 N. Glenn Road, Casper, WY 82601.
The Latest Statistics from the Wyoming Department of Health:
What to do if you are feeling sick: In the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Casper-Natrona County Health Department says that people who are feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms should contact their primary physician.
If you do not have a primary care provider, and live in Natrona County, please contact the COVID-19 hotline, operated by the Casper-Natrona County Department of Health. The line is open Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm 577-9892. Hotline services are intended for Natrona County residents and may not be able to provide specific information to persons calling from out of county.
Officials ask that you please do not self-report to the Emergency Room. Persons experiencing problems breathing should call 9-11.
For general inquiries and non-symptom related questions about COVID-19, please contact the Casper-Natrona County Health Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Practice Social Distancing by putting distance between yourself and other people. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
A list of area closures attributed to COVID-19 are available here.