CASPER, Wyo. — Provided below are the defendants and charges from appearances in Natrona County Circuit Court on Monday, July 31.
The Honorable Seventh Judicial Circuit Court Judge Brian Christensen presided, while Assistant District Attorney Mackenzie Morrison represented the state.
All persons entering not guilty pleas or charged with felonies are presumed innocent until convicted or pleading guilty. Official charges are subject to change by the Natrona County District Attorney’s Office.
Pleas on felony charges are not entered in circuit court, though bond conditions are set.
A bail bondsman can post a surety bond, typically requiring 10–15%.
A “personal recognizance” or “signature” bond means there is no money required to get out, but the defendant could owe the full amount if they fail to appear.
Factors affecting bond and sentencing include the nature of the crime, the weight of the evidence, the defendant’s criminal history and their ties to the community.
Standard fees typically include $150 to the Crime Victims Compensation Fund, $70 in court costs and $50 to Drug Court assessment fees. Some charges carry additional fines.
Also included are pleas to modified charges entered in circuit in court.
No contest and guilty pleas
- Jake Porras, 32 – Possession of a controlled substance x2: methamphetamine and marijuana
- Two years jail time suspended
- One year of supervised probation
- Sarah Sjol, 35 – Probation Revocation
- Time served
Not guilty pleas
- Katie Cochran, 29 – Possession of a controlled substance: meth, interference with a peace officer
- $3,500 cash or surety bond
- Tiffany Yeager, 46 – Possession of a controlled substance: meth
- Already posted bond to appear in person
Felonies and engrossed misdemeanors (pleas not entered in court)
- Kristen McCord, 38 – Possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver: fentanyl, possession of a controlled substance of felony weight: fentanyl, child endangerment with possession of fentanyl
- $30,000 cash or surety bond
- Stephanie Orr-Valenzuela, 41 – Conspiracy to deliver methamphetamine
- $7,500 cash or surety
- Serena Garduno, 44 – Failure to appear at drug court
- Held for drug court