The position of Human Resources Administrative Assistant provides operational support and as the customer service liaison for the human resources office.
The Human Resources Administrative Assistant serves as the first point of contact for the human resources office. Effective customer service is a must. Basic responsibilities are to coordinate the front office of the human resources department and assist the human resources department with operational duties relating to all aspects of human resources including employee benefits, payroll, recruiting, HRIS, policy and procedures, compensation, training and development, employee records, and compliance.
- Answer phone and direct calls
- Set up new employees and update contact information for all employees in Colleague
- Ensures all hiring paperwork is filled out thoroughly and accurately including I-9 and W-4 forms and also maintain I-9 form documentation and E-Verify processing
- Assist with the federal work-study and institutional student employee process.
- Assist in processing background checks for new employees
- Process requests for employee and dependent tuition waivers
- Process documentation for authorizing drivers
- Distribute incoming mail and process outgoing mail
- Answer general HR questions related to open positions, accessing pay information, etc.
- Assist with preparation and tracking of recruitment, assist applicants with job applications and keep up to date on open positions
- Maintain personnel files of all employees as well as all applicable HR files and databases
- Maintain department website as needed
- Process P-card and maintain HR budgets (process requisitions, etc.)
- Prepare personnel document requests and other projects as assigned
- Order office supplies and maintain office supply cabinet (occasional errand running for supplies)
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Function as an integral part of the office, providing human resources services throughout the college community
- Other duties as assigned
Typical work environment is an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. Work is usually performed during the normal work day, however, occasional early morning, late evening and weekend work may be required. Short periods of time will be spent outdoors travelling between campus buildings in various weather conditions. Due to busy seasons, there will be specific times of crucial availability when leave time may not be approved.
Employee is regularly required to sit, speak, hear, use hands and fingers to handle materials and use computer, feel, and reach with hands and arms. Occasional lifting of up to 10 pounds may be required. Less frequent lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required (office supplies, paper boxes, etc.). Visual requirements require close-up, distance, and ability to focus.
- Associate degree from an accredited institution or a combination of college coursework and work experience
- Two (2) years of successful customer service related office experience
- Proven record of providing excellent customer service
- High attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Ability to multitask in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment
- Proficient with computer use including but not limited to office productivity software (MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, etc.), email communication and data entry
- Clean driving record
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Working knowledge of Taleo, Colleague, and/or HRIS systems
- Direct experience working in human resources
- Experience working in higher education
- Application, complete with 3 references
- CV or Résumé
- Cover letter
- Employment is contingent upon a successful background check
- This is a part-time, non-benefited position