Website Wyoming Medical Center
As a member of the Wyoming Medical Center health care team, the Certified Nursing Assistant will provide quality service in a timely, courteous, and cost-effective manner. The CNA is devoted to providing patient care in a comfortable and safe environment. The CNA will assist patients with activities of daily living, provide basic nursing care to patients, and assist in maintenance of a safe and clean environment. The CNA is responsible and accountable for direct and indirect patient care and for completing delegated tasks following Universal Precautions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards, and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the individual’s own position, actions, and conduct.
- Performs duties and responsibilities within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant as defined by the Wyoming State Board of Nursing guidelines and Wyoming Medical Center policies and procedures.
- Performs duties as assigned by RN, charge nurse, coordinator, or manager in a timely manner and within scope of responsibilities. Demonstrates organizational and prioritizing skills in daily routines to ensure appropriate patient flow and accomplishment of tasks.
- Consistently practices patient safety, including falls prevention and pressure ulcer prevention.
- Practices patient care according to Joint Commission and OSHA standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Assists, RN, physician, and other team members with admissions, discharges, transfers, and procedures.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Provides unit orientation for patient and family. Provides education to patient and family as appropriate, including procedural instruction.
- Accurately obtains and documents vital signs, including weights.
- Accurately documents patient’s intake and output, including fluid restrictions.
- Assists with patient rounds as assigned.
- Assists with and performs skin and wound care according to WMC policies and procedures.
- Participates in shared governance structures appropriate to responsibilities and interests, to improve nursing practice and patient care. Participates in unit staff meetings and committees.
- Practices aseptic technique.
- Provides Level One respiratory care.
- Assists patients with passive range of motion.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies in patient status, malfunction of equipment, and daily changes in the schedule.
- Knows responsibility during Codes and responds appropriately to crisis situations.
- Follows WMC restraint policy.
- Practices proper technique in specimen collection, labeling, care, transport, and handling.
- Follows policy for post-mortem care, including organ donation.
- Appropriately reports occurrences according to WMC risk management guidelines.
- Demonstrates flexibility in work assignments with regard to volume-driven schedules.
- Appropriately utilizes chain of command.
- Documents according to WMC policies and procedures.
- Reads and utilizes communication materials.
- Utilizes basic computer applications.
- Uses patient care equipment appropriately. Demonstrates proper procedure for decontamination of equipment used for patient care.
- Processes and stocks linen, supplies, and equipment appropriately.
- Maintains clean work environment and performs light housekeeping.
- Performs environmental safety checks.
- Mentors new staff.
- Conducts self in a professional manner, using accountable communication to resolve problems in an open, timely manner.
- Utilizes Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) methodology and tools (FOCUS-PDCA).
- Maintains high level of patient confidentiality.
- Utilizes proper body mechanics and follows minimal lift policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required or delegated.
High School or better in General Educational Development.
High School or better in High School Diploma.
Licenses & Certifications
Basic Life Support
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.