Website Basin Reboot - Oil City News LLC
The Basin's Community News Stream.
Basin Reboot (a Cody-based news platform relaunching in 2021) is searching for an experienced reporter or exceptional recent graduate to join our newsroom as Community Reporter. An exciting new position at at Basin Reboot, our Community Reporter creates content five days a week, proactively working to increase visibility and engagement with community-related news, local sports, breaking news, events and announcements. As Community Reporter, you’ll use your writing, editing and photography skills to deliver timely and accurate information to our readers. You’ll also facilitate conversation among community members, serving as the voice of the area’s rapidly growing news platform. The Community Reporter is an active participant within the community and your work will be seen by thousands of people each day.
Essential functions of this role include: working as a member of a small news team to effectively cover community news, ability to create timely and accurate content, managing multiple assignments each day, interviewing community members, covering community events, preparing wire reports, writing short feature stories, writing news summaries and reporting to a managing editor.
- Experience or formal training as a Journalist covering local interest news, sports and events in a community similar to Cody, Wyoming
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to Cody, Wyoming or nearby communities in the Bighorn Basin region.
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to write quickly and accurately
- Experienced Facebook user
- Passionate about the Basin and Wyoming
- Create original content for our online-only news platform
- Attend sporting events, press conferences, briefings, public meetings
- Attend community events
- File reports from the scene of breaking news
- Edit and prepare reader-submitted tips for publication
- Upload/publish content on digital platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Contribute to community promotion, engagement strategies and tactics related to the brand
- Monitors discussions, resource postings, and trends within the community and on brand platforms; identifies and reports usage trends and advises on potential opportunities
- Networks with community members
- Coordinates with support staff to ensure high level of quality and community engagement
- $30-42K per year, depending on experience
- Paid Vacation, paid holidays, health insurance. Basin Reboot is owned by Oil City News LLC. We’re located in the heart of Wyoming, which means you’ll have extensive access to fresh air and the great outdoors. There’s a mountain, a lake, a river, a whitewater park, an extensive trail system and a ski area just a few minutes from our office.
To apply, send your resume and at least three samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. TELECOMMUTERS NEED NOT APPLY
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com