Website Oil City News
Oil City News is Central Wyoming’s largest locally owned, independent news platform. We specialize in hyperlocal coverage of the people, places and events that shape the community we love.
Oil City News is Central Wyoming’s largest locally owned, independent news platform. We specialize in hyperlocal coverage of the people, places and events that shape the community we love. Oil City’s award-winning staff of Casper-based, professional journalists are dedicated to bringing readers stories fast, first and forever free. We’re poised for growth, and we are currently seeking an enthusiastic PRODUCER to help us create content, increase community engagement, sponsor retention and revenue opportunities for our owned media platforms.
The perfect candidate for this job will be enthusiastic about supporting local businesses and promoting local experiences. You’ll be writing short articles, creating cool Instagram/Facebook content and repping our news brands in the communities we serve. You’ll also be responsible for putting together fun promotions and contests that increase reader engagement and revenue. Reports to the Publisher.
• Creates content daily for publication on Oil City News platforms including website, Facebook, Instagram and email newsletters
• Proactively reaches out to community sponsors to increase utilization of partner benefits such as promoted posts, job posts, event listings, etc.
• Supports Oil City News Community Partners by producing content on their behalf, including but not limited to articles, events listings and job postings.
• Creates written and visual content as needed to support reader engagement and revenue initiatives
• Creates cool content for the Oil City News Instagram and Facebook accounts
• Develops programs designed to improved reader engagement and pageviews
• Develops programs designed to increase revenue from readers and sponsors
• Consistently attains program goals including program launch dates, engagement metrics and revenue targets
• Represents Oil City News at community events, trade shows and industry events
• Represents Oil City News in the community through business/civic organizations.
• Keeps timely contact with prospects through regular emails, mailings, phone calls, and appointments.
• Keeps thorough records on all prospects so others can handle new business development responsibilities during the producer’s absence.
• Looks for new business leads by building contacts with selected industry trade publications and organizations, business and civic groups
• Meets with the advertising sales team to keep them informed of new business opportunities gained from community contacts
• Maintains current job-related software and technical skills and notifies publisher if training, computer hardware/software upgrades or purchases are needed.
• Extensive social media content creation experience, specifically in Facebook and Instagram
• At least two years experience in communications, journalism, marketing, graphic design or a related field
• A positive attitude
• Familiarity with the Casper area
Base salary (commensurate with experience) plus a commission on program-generated revenue, paid annually.
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include copies of any narrative or visual content that you are particularly proud of. You don’t have to get fancy…screen caps or links will do! Please note that you MUST live in Casper, Wyoming to do this job properly!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com