Website County 10
Community Reporter Job Description:
As a Community Reporter at County 10, you’ll work closely with other content creators on the team proactively to increase visibility and engagement with community-related news.
The County 10 brand is all about what’s happening now, not yesterday. We publish high volumes of short, hyper-local, community-focused news, and features. As our Community Reporter, you’ll use your writing, editing, and photography skills to deliver timely and accurate information to our readers. You’ll also facilitate conversation among community members, serving as the voice of the area’s most popular news platforms. The Community Reporter is an active participant within the community and your work will be seen by thousands of people each day.
Essential functions of this role include: working as a member of a small news team to effectively cover community news, ability to create timely and accurate content, managing multiple assignments each day, using technology to uncover important stories in the community, interviewing community members, covering community events, writing short feature stories, writing news summaries and communicating closely with the Content Director and Publisher.
- Create original content for our online-only news platform
- Attend press conferences, briefings, public meetings
- Attend community events
- Post content from the scene of breaking news
- Edit and prepare reader-submitted tips for publication
- Upload/publish content on digital platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Contribute to community promotion, engagement strategies, and tactics related to the brand
- Monitors discussions, resource postings, and trends within the community and on brand platforms; identifies and reports usage trends and advises on potential opportunities
- Network with community members
- Coordinate with support staff to ensure a high level of quality and community engagement
- Coordinate schedules with the news team to ensure coverage for nights and weekends as needed.
The right candidate will reside within Fremont County or plans to relocate. You must have reliable transportation to Riverton, a clean driving record, and the ability to travel to other areas of the County throughout each day as needed. This position will need availability to work a flexible schedule with some nights and weekends to cover events, meetings, and breaking news. A degree in Journalism or equivalent experience covering crime and government news is preferred, but not required. County 10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Salary DOE, with a 90-day initial review period.
- Paid Holidays and Unlimited Vacation
- Cell phone allowance and an allowance toward your purchase of health insurance
- Use of company vehicle when available for assignments
- Reimbursement for approved continuing education and training
***Relocation assistance available for the right candidate***
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com