Website NU Locating
Expanding Subsurface Perspective
NU Locating is a utility locating and ground-penetrating radar (GPR) service company that caters to the construction and environmental markets in Wyoming. We are currently looking for a self-motivated staff geophysicist, geoscientist, geologist, or engineer interested in subsurface exploration and utility locating using a variety of near-surface geophysical equipment as part of the NU Locating Team in Casper, WY. This is a full-time entry-level position to assist the NU Locating Team with outdoor field data collection, data analysis/visualization, report writing, and GPS integration. This position will also require various tasks and responsibilities associated with project management and service development.
General Summation of Duties
The Geoscientist/Project Manager is responsible for performing subsurface and infrastructure exploration using electromagnetic and geophysical instruments and technologies. The majority of the work will be focused on evaluating infrastructure and its interaction with subsurface conditions (i.e. utilities, concrete structures, pavements, bedrock depth, voids, water intrusion and leaks). Projects will include a variety of on-site marks/identification as well as generation of deliverables featuring visualized geophysical data. Instruments used may include: electromagnetic pipe and cable locator (PCL), ground penetrating radar (GPR), magnetic locators, acoustical locators, magnetometers, electrical resistivity, and seismic refraction/reflection systems. The Geoscientist/Project Manager must be detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot in the field and during data post-processing, while maintaining a professional and positive attitude. The Project Manager will need to communicate the project findings to the client, prepare any necessary deliverables, and file the appropriate information for internal record keeping as part of project completion.
- Previous utility locating, GPR, geophysics, or scientific instrumentation experience is preferred
- Possess effective communication skills in English; both oral and written
- Must be physically capable of carrying up to 60 lbs over uneven terrain
- Ability to pass a “fit to work” physical examination
- Work, walk, kneel on concrete and/or walk for long periods of time
- Are comfortable working on small to large construction sites
- Are comfortable working on hazardous waste and industrial sites
- Proficient with internet research, writing emails, using google earth, MS Word/Excel, PDFs
- Have the ability to read and interpret client provided project plans/drawings
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule and are willing to travel on short notice
- Organized and enjoy working independently or with a team
- Bachelors Degree is preferred in Geophysics, Geosciences, Geology, Earth Science, Engineering or similar degree program with 0-2 years of applied experience
- Ability to pass a drug screen
- Have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
Compensation and Benefits
NU Locating offers a benefit package for all eligible employees including flex time, paid training/continuing education, per diem for travel, paid holidays, performance incentives, a company vehicle available for company use, and a cell phone stipend. Health benefits are negotiable.
Visit our website at https://nulocating.com/join-our-team to download your application!
Provide a completed job application, cover letter, current resume, and transcripts of studies from college(s) attended (if applicable) by email to email@example.com or by mail at NU Locating, 2435 King Boulevard, Suite 123, Casper, WY 82604.
Contact us with any questions regarding the application process by contacting Ily Nunn at 307-377-0096 or by the email address above.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org