Website NU Locating
Expanding Subsurface Perspective
NU Locating is a utility locating and ground-penetrating radar (GPR) service company that caters to the construction and environmental markets in Wyoming. We are currently looking for someone who is self-motivated and interested in subsurface exploration and utility locating using a variety of near-surface geophysical equipment as part of the NU Locating Team in Casper, WY. This is a full-time entry-level position that will require problem solving, working outdoors, excellent client communication, desire to produce high quality work and responsibilities associated with project management and service development.
General Summary of Duties
The Utility Locate Technician is responsible for locating and marking underground utilities and other subsurface infrastructure within a requested work area using electromagnetic equipment such as: a pipe and cable locator (PCL), ground penetrating radar (GPR), magnetic locators, and acoustical locators. NU Locating primarily focuses on locating private utilities which can include electrical, telecommunications, gas, water, sewer, abandoned utilities, concrete rebar, etc. Locate technicians must be detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot in the field while maintaining a professional and positive attitude, to ensure an accurate locate. Locate technicians must also communicate the locate findings to the client, complete the necessary documentation and reporting with paperwork and photographs, and file the information for internal record keeping as part of project completion.
- Prevous utility locating or GPR experience is preferred but not necessary
- Previous outdoor construction or trades experience is preferred but not necessary
- Possess effective communication skills in English; both oral and written
- Must be physically capable of carrying up to 60 lbs over uneven terrain
- Ability to pass a “fit to work” physical examination
- Work, walk, kneel on concrete and/or walk for long periods of time
- Are comfortable working on small to large construction sites
- Are comfortable working on hazardous waste and industrial sites
- Proficient with internet research, writing emails, using google earth, MS Word/Excel, PDFs
- Have the ability to read and interpret client provided project plans/drawings
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule and are willing to travel on short notice
- Organized and enjoy working independently or with a team
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to pass a drug screen
- Have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
Click the link below to learn more and download your application!
To Apply: Provide a completed job application, cover letter, current resume, and transcripts of studies from college(s) attended by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at NU Locating, 2435 King Boulevard, Suite 123, Casper, WY 82604. Contact us with any questions regarding the application process by contacting Ily Nunn at 307-377-0096 or by the email address above.
To apply for this job please visit nulocating.com.