Website Wyoming Medical Center
The Trauma Data Registrar, working in collaboration with the Trauma Coordinator, is responsible for the overall collection and retention of pertinent data concerning trauma patients. This responsibility includes identifying appropriate patient cases; identifying appropriate data for collection; data collection; assigning AIS codes for all injuries; reviewing ICD-10 CM codes and assigning additional codes as needed; assisting with monitoring of performance improvement indicators; data entry and management and generating reports, maintaining the registry database keeping data current based on changing trends in trauma care; and promoting favorable guest relations and expressing the vision and mission of Wyoming Medical Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards, and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the individual’s own position, actions, and conduct.
- Maintains the Trauma Registry system.
- Abstracts core data through chart review and the hospital computer system and enters financial, insurance, demographic, quality improvement and medical information in the Trauma Registry system. Is responsible for accurate ICD-10 injury, procedure, and diagnosis recording and coding, in addition to determination of severity of injury through AIS/ISS and AAAM coding.
- Generates monthly, quarterly and yearly reports from the registry to be presented to the Trauma Committee as well as Administration.
- Is responsible for down loading trauma data to the State of Wyoming on a quarterly basis as required by the State of Wyoming Trauma Program Rules (“Wyoming Emergency Medical Services and Trauma System” W.S. 35-1-801 through 35-1-805).
- Monitors trauma patients from the time of their injury through their final disposition, by maintaining daily trauma logs through chart abstraction and the trauma registry.
- Assures information needs for both internal and external customers are met through accurate and timely dissemination of information in compliance with HIPAA.
- Assists the Trauma Coordinator with trauma education and prevention activities and program development and planning within the scope of the trauma Service.
- Performs and supports effective communications and information sharing between and among physicians, staff, patients, visitors, and other health care providers on a local, regional and state level.
- Performs and participates in measuring, assuring, and providing for a quality product and service guarantee.
- Attends monthly Clinical Trauma Committee meetings as well as quarterly State Trauma Coordinator/Registrar meetings is expected.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates or better in Nursing.
Bachelors or better in Nursing.
• Documented proficiency with Microsoft databases and spreadsheets is required.
• At least two years of clinical experience in Emergency or Critical Care is required.
Licenses & Certifications
Basic Life Support
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.