Website Wyoming Medical Center
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards, and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the individual’s own position, actions, and conduct.
- Performs duties and responsibilities within the scope of a Registered Professional Nurse as defined by the Wyoming Nurse Practice Act and Wyoming Medical Center policies and procedures.
- Assesses, develops, implements, and evaluates plan of care for the patient, utilizing a holistic approach. Coordinates and provides leadership for optimal patient outcomes in a team format.
- Performs admission, transfer, and discharge processes according to unit protocols.
- Collaboratively assesses and develops an education plan for patient and family. Provides education to patient and family as appropriate.
- Practices quality management according to Joint Commission and OSHA standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Keeps current on WMC policies and procedures. Reads and utilizes department communications.
- Maintains confidentiality standards for patients and patient-related information.
- Transports and/or monitors sedated patients according to WMC policies and procedures.
- Documents according to WMC policies and procedures.
- Consistently practices patient safety, including falls prevention and pressure ulcer prevention.
- Maintains Code of Ethics within practice.
- Participates in shared governance structures appropriate to responsibilities and interests, to improve nursing practice and patient care. Participates in unit staff meetings and committees.
- Complies with WMC policies and procedures concerning Advance Directives.
- Appropriately reports occurrences according to WMC risk management guidelines.
- Performs required chart audits.
- Practices pain assessment and management according to WMC protocol.
- Follows WMC restraint policy.
- Delegates tasks appropriately.
- Coordinates patient care, including with ancillary departments. Participates in or coordinates care conferences. Is familiar and collaborates with multi-disciplinary departments involved in patient care.
- Transcribes and implements physician orders and acts as a resource for others.
- Administers blood and blood products according to WMC policies and procedures.
- Administers medications according to WMC policies and procedures.
- Performs venipuncture and administers IV therapy according to WMC policies and procedures. Acts as resource for information and assistance with IV therapy procedures.
- Interprets lab results and follows up appropriately.
- Inserts, maintains, or removes tubes and catheters per WMC policies and procedures.
- Maintains clean and neat work environment.
- Mentors new staff.
- Utilizes basic computer applications and acts as a resource for others.
- Practices aseptic technique.
- Practices proper technique in specimen collection, labeling, care, transport, and handling.
- Follows policy for post-mortem care, including organ donation.
- Identifies trends and initiates or facilitates problem-solving efforts.
- Utilizes Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) methodology and tools (FOCUS-PDCA).
- Utilizes proper body mechanics and follows minimal lift policies and procedures.
- Follows and promotes a framework for professional nursing practice that incorporates vision, mission, philosophy, core values, evidence-based practice, and standards of practice.
- Adheres to the American Nurses Association (ANA) social policy statement, and promotes community health and wellness.
- Routinely uses self-appraisal and peer review, including annual goal setting, for the assurance of competence and professional development.
- Conducts self in a professional manner, using accountable communication to resolve problems in an open, timely manner. Demonstrates professional relations at all times with patients, families, physicians, co-workers, and the public.
- Complies with all safety and health standards and all rules, regulations, and orders that are applicable to the nursing position, actions, and conduct.
- Coordinates and provides leadership in a team setting, and accepts direction when called upon.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies in patient status, malfunction of equipment, and daily changes in the schedule. Knows responsibility during Codes and responds appropriately to crisis situations.
- Demonstrates flexibility in work assignments with regard to volume-driven schedules. Performs duties as assigned by charge nurse, coordinator, or team leader in a timely manner and with responsibility for reporting back on status of assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Associates or better in Nursing.
Bachelors or better in Nursing.
Licenses & Certifications
Basic Life Support
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.