Website Wyo Central Federal Credit Union
Community Minded Just Like You
Act in the best interest of Wyo Central Federal Credit Union and its membership by providing exceptional member service. Perform transactions on member accounts as well as a variety of duties and projects related to the position as assigned.
1. Satisfactory completion of all basic Credit Union required CPD online training courses in a timely manner.
2. Satisfactory completion of all CPD online training courses recommended for Tellers/Member Service, in a timely manner.
3. Provide accurate and exceptional member service to Credit Union members and non-members in a professional manner.
4. Maintain a high level of confidentiality with all member and non-member transactions.
5. Ability to accurately balance currency, coin and checks in a cash drawer throughout the day and at the end of a shift.
6. Research and resolve any balancing discrepancy in a timely manner after notifying the lead teller and branch manager. Ask for assistance if needed.
7. Communicate clearly with Credit Union staff and management.
8. Verify all cash and check deposits, withdrawals and transfers.
9. Provide services to members including but not limited to cashing checks, cash and check deposits, withdrawals, transfers, issue money orders, redeem savings bonds, issue cashiers’ checks, ordering debit cards, coin machine transactions, cash advances, etc.
10. Assist the lead teller in weekly loading and balancing of the ATM machine.
11. Assist the lead teller in weekly cash delivery counting and batching.
12. Coin machine balancing.
13. Knowledge of all Credit Union products and the ability to cross-sell those products to members.
14. Performing all opening and closing teller duties including but limited to: disarming and arming the building alarm, opening the vault, setting the vault time lock accurately when closing, balancing the daily check batches, initiating and terminating the check printer, loading and unloading the money orders, etc.
15. Knowledge and ability to assist members with online banking and the mobile app.
16. Communicate in a respectful, professional, and timely manner in person, over the phone, and via e-mail.
17. Answer the telephone by the second ring in a welcoming and professional manner.
18. Opportunity to become and serve as a Wyoming Notary Public.
19. Adhere to federal and state regulations, credit union policies and procedures, and other compliance obligations.
20. With your supervisor, consistently set and achieve stated goals.
21. Participate in required meetings and training.
22. Serve on committees and attend meetings as requested.
23. Demonstrate leadership skills and maintain core values and mission statement.
24. Represent the Credit Union with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
25. Contribute to a favorable public image of the Credit Union by establishing and maintaining professional relationships and participating in community and business development activities.
26. Support Management and member decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
27. Actively participate in security, robbery, and disaster recovery training.
28. Actively contribute to Credit Union and department team goals and functions, including but not limited to, initiating resolution of observed or known issues concerning other departments and championing other departmental changes that will benefit the organization.
29. Must complete training and become knowledgeable in BSA, OFAC and Customer Identification regulations. Must follow policies and procedures in these areas.
30. Perform other duties as assigned.
Interaction and Environment
Reports To: Branch Manager
Work areas are inside in a climate-controlled environment with light background noise.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer Fax Machine Copier
Scanner Telephone Calculator
General Office Supplies Cash Advance Machine Money Order Machine
Physical activities required to perform essential functions
Sitting/Mobility: Approximately 90% of time is spent working at a teller counter/drive thru. Balance of time (approximately 10%) is spent moving around work areas or on assigned reports and/or projects.
Communication: Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, members, and outside agencies, by telephone and in person.
Vision: Ability to effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials, memos and other appropriate paperwork.
Lifting/Carrying: Ability to transport files and office supplies.
Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to access files/stock supplies in low cabinets and shelves.
Reaching/Handling: Ability to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment, and supplies.
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
2. Sophisticated word processing and computer database skills, such as typing, Internet, email and Microsoft Office.
3. Good understanding of BSA, OFAC, CIP, NCUA Regulations and any other federal and state laws that apply to credit unions.
4. Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
5. Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
6. Willingness to assume responsibility for making sound, logical decisions.
7. Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
8. Ability to effectively cross-sell Credit Union and CUSO products and services.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
10. Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, accuracy and follow-through.
11. Ability to concentrate in environment with background noise.
12. Ability to complete or resume tasks despite interruptions.
Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent; and
2. At least one (1) year of customer service experience in financial services, teller services, retail customer service or equivalent related experience.
3. Must be bondable.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org